steelhead35

Wheelez cart wheels rubbing

6 posts in this topic

I have a wheelez cart with the large pneumatic wheels.

I have a 2019 Outback and the cart wheels rub on the kayak when pulling.

It looks like I need larger bumpers on the cart to raise up the kayak

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, steelhead35 said:

I have a wheelez cart with the large pneumatic wheels.

I have a 2019 Outback and the cart wheels rub on the kayak when pulling.

It looks like I need larger bumpers on the cart to raise up the kayak

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Can you adjust the scupper hole stops higher? An allen key works 

you might be able to but some copper pipe insulation or some pool noodle with a hose clamp to sit it higher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brim Gribley said:

Can you adjust the scupper hole stops higher? An allen key works 

you might be able to but some copper pipe insulation or some pool noodle with a hose clamp to sit it higher

i believe OP has the wheeleez frame that is a set of bent aluminum tubes and does not offer any height adjustment.

 

as Africaster posted, you can try to add some form of "shim" to raise the yak from the axis of the wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Supersize the foam padding that contacts the hull, .....or get smaller wheels :eek:. I did this so it would work with a Scupper hull. 

56D7DCFB-B35B-46A3-BF37-8C2B36202B35.jpeg

Edited by cheech
Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kinghong1970 said:

i believe OP has the wheeleez frame that is a set of bent aluminum tubes and does not offer any height adjustment.

 

as Africaster posted, you can try to add some form of "shim" to raise the yak from the axis of the wheel.

yeah, shim a pool noodle or something similiar and secure it , I built my first cart from pvc and harbor frieght tires, you could switch the tires to a new diy frame. Cheap and minimal skill/tools needed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.