doublegregg

pollarized lens........ or glasses...any help in spotting fish?

19 posts in this topic

46 mins ago, doublegregg said:

RAW, and these are prescription? how do you change lenses? unclear...

sorry, my Maui Jims are gray prescription, I use over the counter polaroids in yellow or brown as distance is not a factor, Yellow and light brown define river bottom, rocks, colors, structure. Its then much easier to spot fish. In bright saltwater the dk. gray allows seeing fish you never thought were there, Stripers, tarpon, snook etc.   Big difference and does not strain eyes and prevents eye issues

Posted (edited) · Report post

I use Maui Jim dark amber prescription glasses for rivers and they work great for seeing color changes which often will indicate a deeper water slot, hole or depression in the river bottom.  I can also spot fish when they move or change position and see weeds, rocks, and wood under the water.  I have the old Sting Ray model.

Clouding days are the biggest challenge because the clouds reflect off of the water surface especially when the sun angle is low.

Edited by Jay Blair

Posted (edited) · Report post

25 mins ago, Fishcamper said:

I second RAW's point about the side blockers.  For me, blocking the side glare is as helpful as blocking the overhead light.   

oh ------ ok, i googled the wrap arounds by maui jim, and saw them.  good point.  i'll check those out! getting a new prescription, and then i'll be looking at some sort of wrap arounds...

i just ordered a bunch of troutish lures......... $80, in preparation for this season.............

Edited by doublegregg