Steve_700

Knife

13 posts in this topic

Bought this at a renaissance fair in tuxedo NY quite a few years ago total impulse buy its been sitting since I never used it for anything I think I cut a piece of paper once 

$80 picked up 

$100 shipped 

Paid $125 

20210407_110216.jpg

20210407_110148.jpg

6 hours ago, DaveC said:

Is that rust by the handle in the first picture?

Could be it's been sitting for quite some time I'll take a look tomorrow its at work 

5 hours ago, misha said:

Looks like there's a bolster missing? 

2 mins ago, Steve_700 said:

Could be it's been sitting for quite some time I'll take a look tomorrow its at work 

Ok. After misha said this it has me wondering if the front bolster was never installed.

5 hours ago, misha said:

Looks like there's a bolster missing? 

Not sure what's missing thats the way I got it I actually hate the way it feels in the hand not comfortable I really don't even know what the guy was going for when he built it kinda resembles a kitchen knife if you ask me 

2 mins ago, DaveC said:

Ok. After misha said this it has me wondering if the front bolster was never installed.

Could very well be I think it's extremely uncomfortable in the hand it doesn't fit my style should of stayed to what I enjoy kershaw folders and tops fixed was a stupid buy on my part 

8 hours ago, Mike said:

That's the wrong blade handle combination. That handle is for a blade like this.

16179416272861929952056712922630.jpg

Yeah like I said I think the knife sucks that's why I want someone else to own it if I liked it if it was cool or comfortable I'd keep it not looking to pull the wool over any ones eyes 

Posted (edited) · Report post

21 hours ago, DaveC said:

Is that rust by the handle in the first picture?

Think it's just the steel its not rust

20210409_102833.jpg

20210409_102826.jpg

20210409_102812.jpg

20210409_102740.jpg

Edited by Steve_700

If someone has means and equipment to make the bolster it can be easy fix, as the blade looks like it's nicely forged and grinded. You can tell that the smith was trying to drill a hole to rivet the bolster in, but something went wrong. Although in my opinion the sequence of making the handle would be different. I'd do the bolster first, and then make and rivet the handle and sand and polish it all together. 

5 hours ago, Steve_700 said:

That mark is his stamp supposed to be a bear paw if I remember correctly 

It's a shame.  I love the knife but it's unfinished, IMHO.  I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it had the proper bolsters.