XBMX

Easter Cow

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, relentless pursuit said:

Great fish and great job!! Cold water releases do well providing you dont keep them out of the water for too long,all these guys beating up on you targeting big fish during the summer months kill more than they want to admit to themselves,i for one stop targeting big fish early June,theres my 39” beauty from lastnight,

388448B2-7C5A-478C-B10F-B1A3E65CE46C.jpeg

How dare you!! 

I bet your headlamp and camera flash were more than 13 lumens..... Too! 

Probably only 38.4" at that.. 

32 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

One of the dudes I work with showed me a picture of a nice striper bass.... 

I said "that's a nice striper bass..."

And I meant it. 

Do I need to tell him I'm "outraged"...? 

Should I "outraged" at myself? 

If the answer is yes to any of those questions.... Can you "outraged" at me real quick.. That way I can clear my conscience before I get to the office.... 

Haha...Its easy for those behind the keyboard. The face to face interaction isn't there. I would like to see these folks go around on a crusade and tell others what to do and see how that works out. 

12 hours ago, relentless pursuit said:

Great fish and great job!! Cold water releases do well providing you dont keep them out of the water for too long,all these guys beating up on you targeting big fish during the summer months kill more than they want to admit to themselves,i for one stop targeting big fish early June,theres my 39” beauty from lastnight,

388448B2-7C5A-478C-B10F-B1A3E65CE46C.jpeg

You should be totally ashamed of yourself for sharing some of your happiness with us. 

18 hours ago, flylikabird said:

No we'll just slaughter the chit out of them during the Commercial season in the Ditch. :beatin:  

Nice fish.  

No commercial season in the ditch

3 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Haha...Its easy for those behind the keyboard. The face to face interaction isn't there. I would like to see these folks go around on a crusade and tell others what to do and see how that works out. 

The guys here posting pics generally aren't the bad guys.....they're stewards of the sport as much as those throwing shade.......

It's beyond stupid.

Sorta like if i see side boob i look

only it's throwing poo when they see a stripah pic.

The only thing it'll encourage is making avid posters spend time elsewhere than on Stripers Online 

3 hours ago, The Riddler said:

3 days ago i kindly told a tourist on the beach to make up his mind about his fish. he had it out of the water for longer than i feel you should and told him either put it in the cooler or the water. He released it with no animosity towards me. There is a time and a place for everything. And youre right doing it on the internet is just childish.

I just removed a bunch of posts and one person (from this forum) who can't participate without off topic name calling and insults.

Couple things - if someone posts a picture of a striped bass they obviously caught legally, whether they keep it or release, don't be the tool that jumps up on your soap box and starts lecturing them. I know legal/illegal is a real low bar to set for stewardship of such an important natural resource, but it is the bar we set. Someone clearly and obviously breaks the law, you are welcome to politely and respectfully let them know in a manner that would help them better understand the law in hopes they won't break it again.

And when someone obviously is NOT breaking the law but are instead sharing a nice fish or happy memory, it's not your place to snuff out their candle so you can feel more important. Your conservation shaming is off topic and inappropriate. You want to start a new thread and talk about conservation, do it - please. Those conversations are important. But DO NOT derail another person's thread - it's their thread - they established the topic - you want to talk about something different, start your own thread.  Thank you.

TimS

21 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Its a moral issue for an angler to follow the rules? 

Who makes up this stuff? :headscratch:

follow the rules in WV and sex w/ animals is OK,just bcz you can doesn't mean you should

12 mins ago, slip n slide said:

follow the rules in WV and sex w/ animals is OK,just bcz you can doesn't mean you should

You are a strange man. Why do you even know these obscure animal sex laws?

7 mins ago, z-man said:

You are a strange man. Why do you even know these obscure animal sex laws?

FB...

you'd fit right in in WV

On 4/6/2021 at 11:49 PM, XBMX said:

Raritan Bay Easter Sunday AM in  Bunker schools, on a top water Spook. Released dripping eggs. Probably low 40’s. 

61D33214-945B-4174-A7A3-50DF1C9F8488.jpeg

Nice Fish!

/rant over

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/6/2021 at 9:49 PM, XBMX said:

Raritan Bay Easter Sunday AM in  Bunker schools, on a top water Spook. Released dripping eggs. Probably low 40’s. 

Congratulations....

.....nice fish.....

Edited by Mahigo

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/6/2021 at 11:49 PM, XBMX said:

Holy crap that’s a pig

you wouldn’t think something that fat could swim fast enough to catch a spook - there had to be a very long pause to let her catch up. 

Edited by Jason B

39 mins ago, Mahigo said:

Congratulations....

.....nice fish.....

give ya a small tutorial, impart speed to its action reduce speed of retrieve 

Most everyone who is on here is passionate about these fish, and folks are getting concerned.  We should be beating up the people who create the regs and dont even enforce what are the rules instead of folks who put time in to catch and release.