XBMX

Easter Cow

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

27 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Well we know there are spawning bass in Nova Scotia...thats fact. Bull Run, look at up. 
Nobody can confirm where these bass are coming from.  

Don’t you think that if there were spawning bass in MA that someone would have discovered them by now? I don’t think we have any rivers long enough to even allow the eggs to hatch and survive. 

37 mins ago, z-man said:

Don’t you think that if there were spawning bass in MA that someone would have discovered them by now? I don’t think we have any rivers long enough to even allow the eggs to hatch and survive. 

Dick Russel of Striper Wars feels they are. Merrimack is plenty long enough and it has a fish ladder. 

Merrimack River report last year because of Covid has no data, but its a fact Striped Bass have been seen regularly up the Merrimack to beyond Manchester NH. 

2B0E1ED7-4E94-4AF3-B3D2-16BA17433579.png

Used to live-line in the Merrimack legally for bass.....at least 15 miles inland. 

Yeah ...they're up there for sure. 

15 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Merrimack River report last year because of Covid has no data, but its a fact Striped Bass have been seen regularly up the Merrimack to beyond Manchester NH. 

2B0E1ED7-4E94-4AF3-B3D2-16BA17433579.png

Stripers go up all rivers but that doesn’t mean they can successfully spawn there. 

6 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Drew, the battle should be taken to those who change the laws. Not the angler. The form of shaming online is no better than what cancel culture is doing now. Awful.....let the angler fish.

nah,lack of moral charachter,bestiality is stil legal in three states but that don't make it right...do you have to be TOLD what to do when you should know better?

10 mins ago, z-man said:

Stripers go up all rivers but that doesn’t mean they can successfully spawn there. 

We will end up going back and forth. We can agree to disagree. Its a fact Striped Bass spawn in Nova Scotia and they can do it or try to do it, up many long rivers on the eastern sea board, including Massachusetts.

1 min ago, slip n slide said:

nah,lack of moral charachter,bestiality is stil legal in three states but that don't make it right...do you have to be TOLD what to do when you should know better?

Its a moral issue for an angler to follow the rules? 

Who makes up this stuff? :headscratch:

47 mins ago, The Riddler said:

We will end up going back and forth. We can agree to disagree. Its a fact Striped Bass spawn in Nova Scotia and they can do it or try to do it, up many long rivers on the eastern sea board, including Massachusetts.

I think we derailed this thread enough. It started with a photo of a nice bass and escalated quickly. 

3 mins ago, z-man said:

I think we derailed this thread enough. It started with a photo of a nice bass and escalated quickly. 

I agree. The battling with members has to stop. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, XBMX said:

Raritan Bay Easter Sunday AM in  Bunker schools, on a top water Spook. Released dripping eggs. Probably low 40’s. 

61D33214-945B-4174-A7A3-50DF1C9F8488.jpeg

Great fish and great job!! Cold water releases do well providing you dont keep them out of the water for too long,all these guys beating up on you targeting big fish during the summer months kill more than they want to admit to themselves,i for one stop targeting big fish early June,theres my 39” beauty from lastnight,

388448B2-7C5A-478C-B10F-B1A3E65CE46C.jpeg

Edited by relentless pursuit

13 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Who would have thought showing a picture of a Striped Bass on a Striped Bass website taken legally would cause a 1/4 of the community to lose their ****. :laugh:

They love their Bass yeah?

Most of the people who are posting things about the striper situation didn't have to go through the 10 yrs of moratorium in the 1970's and live through the slow recovery.  It's coming and everyone will be be crying that there are no stripers. Anyone who is over 75 yrs old will tell you all about it including me. Been through it and it's not fun.

Govt regulation never get it right,they just wait for a complete break down to take place. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

22 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Who would have thought showing a picture of a Striped Bass on a Striped Bass website taken legally would cause a 1/4 of the community to lose their ****. :laugh:

One of the dudes I work with showed me a picture of a nice striper bass.... 

I said "that's a nice striper bass..."

And I meant it. 

Do I need to tell him I'm "outraged"...? 

Should I "outraged" at myself? 

If the answer is yes to any of those questions.... Can you "outraged" at me real quick.. That way I can clear my conscience before I get to the office....