XBMX

Easter Cow

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

There is another thread on SOL on cnr mortality it may be better to take pics while the fish is in the water being resuscitated.

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

Who would have thought showing a picture of a Striped Bass on a Striped Bass website taken legally would cause a 1/4 of the community to lose their ****. :laugh:

A few years ago no one would have cared. Now that the bass stocks are crashing it is kinda a big deal. Still completely legal though. The laws need to change. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

55 mins ago, z-man said:

A few years ago no one would have cared. Now that the bass stocks are crashing it is kinda a big deal. Still completely legal though. The laws need to change. 

Believe me I understand. Attraction of what we do with conservation goes a longer way compared to lowly internet trolling of a brother or sister angler having some joy within the current regulations. They earned it and work hard for it and spent two years following bull**** rules of covid. We should leave them be. 

Edited by The Riddler

At least Drew is the O.G. of cancel culture. After two years of Covid and being told what to do, these folks have to get their say now. 

Two years of covid?

you want some cheese with that whine? 

7 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Two years of covid?

you want some cheese with that whine? 

Eff that Drew. People need to enjoy their freedoms too out there. If this is your freedom telling people what to do?  Knock yourself out. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Drew C. said:

How is that different than a squid trawler deliberately setting on bass, keeping their limit and dumping the rest over the side? 

When is comes to crappy things done to public resources the bootstraps have written the book.

Draggers don’t deliberately set on bass , idiot. They’re allowed 20 pieces per trip. 

Edited by pakalolo

Cancel Culture at it's finest.  @XBMX is a legit legend.. I'm sure he is fine on holding fish...

Can we just say congratulations?

Believe me I understand. Attraction of what we do with conservation goes a longer way compared to lowly internet trolling of a brother or sister angler having some joy within the current regulations. They earned it and work hard for it and spent two years following bull**** rules of covid. We should leave them be. 

Leave who be? The fish or the anglers?:laugh:
We don’t have these moral dilemmas up here in MA where there are no spawning bass to fish for. 

No we'll just slaughter the chit out of them during the Commercial season in the Ditch. :beatin:  

Nice fish.  

22 mins ago, flylikabird said:

No we'll just slaughter the chit out of them during the Commercial season in the Ditch. :beatin:  

Nice fish.  

Commercial fishing at the canal was shut down last year. I assume it’s the same this year. 

43 mins ago, z-man said:

Leave who be? The fish or the anglers?:laugh:
We don’t have these moral dilemmas up here in MA where there are no spawning bass to fish for. 

Lol...I'm in Mass, you don't speak for me. When I ate bass on a regular basis till 2006 we regularly had bass not drop their eggs. Go look up Bull Run in Nova Scotia. That area is turning into a bigger spawning population every year. No scientific evidence as of yet if those bass are resident Canucks or from the South. Until I see that tracking report that theory is up in the air. Also, there is talk of Bass spawning in Merrimack and Maine regions. So until that evidence is there Spawning bass may have to run the Gauntlet of anglers hooks and seals all the way up the coast of New England. 

4 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Lol...I'm in Mass, you don't speak for me. When I ate bass on a regular basis till 2006 we regularly had bass not drop their eggs. Go look up Bull Run in Nova Scotia. That area is turning into a bigger spawning population every year. No scientific evidence as of yet if those bass are resident Canucks or from the South. Until I see that tracking report that theory is up in the air. Also, there is talk of Bass spawning in Merrimack and Maine regions. So until that evidence is there Spawning bass may have to run the Gauntlet of anglers hooks and seals all the way up the coast of New England. 

There’s a big difference in the theory that bass may spawn somewhere in MA and the fact that they definitely spawn in the Hudson River. 

13 mins ago, z-man said:

There’s a big difference in the theory that bass may spawn somewhere in MA and the fact that they definitely spawn in the Hudson River. 

Well we know there are spawning bass in Nova Scotia...thats fact. Bull Run, look at up. 
Nobody can confirm where these bass are coming from.