blake30615

When and at what age

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

Ok I'll start, 3 Knee surgeries, Torn rotator cuff, 3 Herniated discs, Nerve damage in front calf from gun shot, Almost lost thumb on table saw, multiple sprained ankles, Broken toes. Waiting for next one. 

I'm pushing 61. Broken a lot of bones throughout my lifetime. Ankles at least 4 times each. All my fingers at least once. Both thumbs several times. My wrist. Hairline skull fracture. Ribs...if you've ever broken a rib then you know misery. Bit by damn near every poisonous bug the South has to offer and got nibbled on by a timber rattlesnake.

Always managed to bounce back pretty quickly up until mid 50's. 

It really became apparent when I screwed up my leg when I was 57. Fell on the ice landed full force on my right knee right below the kneecap. That became a nightmare. Three surgeries and seven stays in the hospital. Thought for sure I was going to lose that leg a couple of times. 2 1/2 years to heal. 

I'm a helluva lot more careful about what I do nowadays. I don't EVER want to go through that again.

pic3.jpeg.138bf0c4b9462f17957e6de72f6fc4c6.jpegpic1.jpeg.eebc010e2fa3f48da9b7c72ae6631c1b.jpeg20180427_170210.thumb.jpg.fe75639fbce049bb73a385bd429daabd.jpg

3 mins ago, 2mcfisher48 said:

I'm pushing 61. Broken a lot of bones throughout my lifetime. Ankles at least 4 times each. All my fingers at least once. Both thumbs several times. My wrist. Hairline skull fracture. Ribs...if you've ever broken a rib then you know misery. Bit by damn near every poisonous bug the South has to offer and got nibbled on by a timber rattlesnake.

Always managed to bounce back pretty quickly up until mid 50's. 

It really became apparent when I screwed up my leg when I was 57. Fell on the ice landed full force on my right knee right below the kneecap. That became a nightmare. Three surgeries and seven stays in the hospital. Thought for sure I was going to lose that leg a couple of times. 2 1/2 years to heal. 

I'm a helluva lot more careful about what I do nowadays. I don't EVER want to go through that again.

pic3.jpeg.138bf0c4b9462f17957e6de72f6fc4c6.jpegpic1.jpeg.eebc010e2fa3f48da9b7c72ae6631c1b.jpeg20180427_170210.thumb.jpg.fe75639fbce049bb73a385bd429daabd.jpg

Wow.  Whats that White stuff middle pic. Puss?

13 mins ago, blake30615 said:

Wow.  Whats that White stuff middle pic. Puss?

Yup along with dead skin. Lost all seven layers of skin and in area three times the size of the hole under the skin died also. Luckily it didn't go as deep as the bone. If it had my new name would have been Stumpy.

Doctors called it a crush injury much like what happens to car crash victims.

I called it major suckage. :)

Yesterday lol. 37 and have a torn hamstring, 2 herniated discs, already had surgery on my right shoulder, doctor saying I need to get surgery on left shoulder soon or it's going to need replacement. People tell me I'm lucky I don't have knee issues, I don't feel lucky

Just now, IsmailG said:

Yesterday lol. 37 and have a torn hamstring, 2 herniated discs, already had surgery on my right shoulder, doctor saying I need to get surgery on left shoulder soon or it's going to need replacement. People tell me I'm lucky I don't have knee issues, I don't feel lucky

Well for me Knees are fine, but torn Cuff is something i'm trying to hold out on till retirement, but construction is a bitch for the 3  years I have left give or take. The discs get shots. Won't go down that surgery road. Thumb feeling never came back after surgery and i have a slappy leg when I walk from severed muscle/ nerve in front calf. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

46 feeling pretty good (thank the lord)

damn Blake if you were a straight shooter you’d have been retired by now on NYPD pension for what 1O+ years? karmas a bitch 

Edited by Sandflee