Lawnmower not starting, didn't winterize

Rate this topic

billthe5th

Toro Recycler, only 2 years old, ran fine through the fall. Last fuel I put in did not have stabilizer, didn't run it dry in fall, now it won't start.

Is there any single part that I can clean/replace easily?

Or is it one of those "check these 15 things" and after 2 days and 5 trips to home depot I'll wish I just called someone?

feeling uncreative today

If you have a hypodermic needle,  (cvs has them) suck out the small port in the carb. Then flush gasoline through with the sharp.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Get a can of carb cleaner, remove air filter , remove old gas from tank, tip engine to carb side to drain old gas from carb.

Check oil visually inspect machine, leave air filter off, add fresh fuel.

Give a shot of carb cleaner into the carb and try to start, it should at least fart and run a sec on the carb cleaner.

Repeat a couple of times.  

Three things needed for a  engine to run.

Ignition at the proper time,  engine tried to run on carb cleaner. 

Compression, it tried to run of carb cleaner.

Fuel, not water or what ever the fuel today separates into. 

Good Luck.

There's no need to blow smoke up my ass as a lengthy preamble to your insulting another person. It doesn't fool anyone and it doesn't garner any favor.

TimS ---Tim To Otshawytsha October 16 2018 #3956

Then I pull off the gas line and squirt carb cleaner into carb and give it half an hour 

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Since it is only 2 years old I would first drain the tank, then put in two capfuls of seafoam additive with some fresh gas. Id also pop the plug , have a look at it ( see if it is wet and give it a clean) and give that bitch a couple of dozen pulls with no plug, then try to start it