whoiskm4

Single Hook Replacement for Poppers

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I wish they sold inline hooks in 25 and 50 packs.

i want  switch out the back hooks on all my pulgs but i have too many, not looking forward to paying through the teeth for a 4 or 5 pack 20 times over

On 4/12/2021 at 1:02 PM, Callmefish said:

I wish they sold inline hooks in 25 and 50 packs.

i want  switch out the back hooks on all my pulgs but i have too many, not looking forward to paying through the teeth for a 4 or 5 pack 20 times over

Not all plugs swim good with a single on the back..ex sp minnows mag darters Cordell pencil poppers.. I changed all my back hook to singles then realized how diff some.pligs swim especially the smaller ones .. u can compensate with maybe an oversized single but will deff take some experimentation 

On 4/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, Ohay said:

Not all plugs swim good with a single on the back..ex sp minnows mag darters Cordell pencil poppers.. I changed all my back hook to singles then realized how diff some.pligs swim especially the smaller ones .. u can compensate with maybe an oversized single but will deff take some experimentation 

Properly sized singles absolutely do not impact how sp minnows and mag darters swim.

Anyone who really wants to get into the single hook game, check out grey lady tackle. Great plastic plugs that come standard with inlines and quality hardware. I’m really impressed by how their sidewinder and reaper minnows swim. Sidewinder is a dollar more than an SP, but you don’t have to worry about switching hooks and split rings.