whoiskm4

Single Hook Replacement for Poppers

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I use owner inlines on all plugs that aren’t poppers or have a belly swivel. Poppers and plugs with belly swivels keep one belly treble (barbs crushes) and an in-line on the back. I also have a few small poppers that do fine with just the tail inline.

Forgot to mention

Recently I got double 3/0 hooks that will go on few plugs, replacing belly trebles.

Will see how that will work.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 4/6/2021 at 8:46 AM, Local66 said:

I was using owner, but recently switched to gamakatsu.

IMG_20210324_163756320.jpg

I would say that VMC 4x inlines are better they rustless and the shape is better on hook ups

Edited by Treema

12 hours ago, Treema said:

I would say that VMC 4x inlines are better they rustless and the shape is better on hook ups

Right, rustless, gotcha.

IMG_20210408_090959354.jpg

2 hours ago, Local66 said:

Right, rustless, gotcha.

IMG_20210408_090959354.jpg

Well never said they didn't rust they rust slower because of the coating but u should probably air out ur plugs when ur done that's a lot of rust.

9 mins ago, Treema said:

Well never said they didn't rust they rust slower because of the coating but u should probably air out ur plugs when ur done that's a lot of rust.

I'm quoting you. "They rustless" - says Treema. The coastal black finish is corrosion resistant, not rust proof. Rustless isn't actually a word. And I rinse my plugs until they're retired (like the one in the photo). The hook is in better shape than that plug is. I live close enough to the water that "airing out" my gear is an absurd idea. But hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would actually say that the VMCs are the worst of the inlines. I’ve had quite a few fail on medium sized fish.

Edited by C.Robin

On 4/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, C.Robin said:

I would actually say that the VMCs are the worst of the inlines. I’ve had quite a few fail on medium sized fish.

Ooh, the mustads are way worse. I put rust inhibitor strips in all my plug boxes (zerust, super cheap, available at any hardware store), the finish really takes a back seat to strength and penetration for what I do. Owner has a light wire inline that I like for small plugs, but they will rust quick.