The TideRunner

Vehicle Registration

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

While not about fishing this does affect those that tow their vessel. 
I got my renewal for my Ford F 250 which expires soon.

Last renewal was 2019, and it was $262.00.

Got the renewal and had a heart attack. 
It went up $107.00. To $369.20!  
I don’t know why they even bothered with the .20. Another .80 wasn’t going to make a difference.

So a heads up to all that drive 3/4ton and above trucks prepare to be shocked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look carefully you’ll probably see that your registration is now for three- years instead and of the previous two-year renewal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 9:38 PM, The TideRunner said:

I'll check that. That's something I never would have looked for as I'd been paying the same for years. 

Yeah. They changed it to reduce the number of people coming in to the DMV.  Driver license went from 6-yr to 8-yr for most people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 1:19 PM, Paul E said:

If you look carefully you’ll probably see that your registration is now for three- years instead and of the previous two-year renewal. 

Haven’t been on in a while but yes they did up it to 3 years. Thanks for letting me know.

 

Now to renew my pistol permit. When did everything become such a hassle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, The TideRunner said:

Haven’t been on in a while but yes they did up it to 3 years. Thanks for letting me know.

 

Now to renew my pistol permit. When did everything become such a hassle?

Same here.  I gotta go get my own picture now?!?  Geez, anything else they want me to do for them??  

 

Remember when their records room flooded, then demanded we resupply them with our records and threatened us with CRIMINAL CHARGES if we didn't comply.  

 

And they wonder why support of LEO is waning. 

Edited by PSegnatelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PSegnatelli said:

Same here.  I gotta go get my own picture now?!?  Geez, anything else they want me to do for them??  

 

Remember when their records room flooded, then demanded we resupply them with our records and threatened us with CRIMINAL CHARGES if we didn't comply.  

 

And they wonder why support of LEO is waning. 

It's not really the fault of the police, it's because state buildings are closed. But yeah, supply your own photo, and not sure if they want a copy of your birth certificate too. My permit renewal says I'm verified as as a resident of CT, and US citizen, so don't need proof of residency, but I still need to supply my birth certificate.

I'm always in Walgreens or CVS, but keep forgetting to get the damn photo taken.

I'm going to call Troop G, and find out if state buildings are opening up and permit can be renewed in person,

And this week I hope I can take care of the next hassle. Emissions testing,Hopefully the system is back online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The TideRunner said:

It's not really the fault of the police, it's because state buildings are closed. But yeah, supply your own photo, and not sure if they want a copy of your birth certificate too. My permit renewal says I'm verified as as a resident of CT, and US citizen, so don't need proof of residency, but I still need to supply my birth certificate.

I'm always in Walgreens or CVS, but keep forgetting to get the damn photo taken.

I'm going to call Troop G, and find out if state buildings are opening up and permit can be renewed in person,

And this week I hope I can take care of the next hassle. Emissions testing,Hopefully the system is back online.

Emissions are back online. A process run by an outside vendor had (I think) some type of hack-attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The TideRunner said:

It's not really the fault of the police, it's because state buildings are closed. But yeah, supply your own photo, and not sure if they want a copy of your birth certificate too. My permit renewal says I'm verified as as a resident of CT, and US citizen, so don't need proof of residency, but I still need to supply my birth certificate.

I'm always in Walgreens or CVS, but keep forgetting to get the damn photo taken.

I'm going to call Troop G, and find out if state buildings are opening up and permit can be renewed in person,

And this week I hope I can take care of the next hassle. Emissions testing,Hopefully the system is back online.

But isn't the whole process run by the CT DPS?... Anyways...

I also need to get emissions done as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 10:41 AM, Paul E said:

Emissions are back online. A process run by an outside vendor had (I think) some type of hack-attack. 

Yup gonna go get my truck done tomorrow.

Going to get photo taken and have a copy of my birth certificate. So gonna get the pistol permit taken care of. 
Next up, my beach sticker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.