LuPork

Daiwa TD Minnow vs. SP Minnow

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience using the Daiwa TD Minnow or if anyone knows the difference between the TD and SP Minnows. The only thing I can find is that the TD is made in Japan? (Not sure if the SP is too though).

Thank you!

Not familiar with TD. 

Having said that, I’d suggest you look at the Diawa website the answers are there..

For starters it appears they lack saltwater hooks, and also that they’re suspending lures vs floating or sinking, according to the daiwa website anyways..

32 mins ago, LuPork said:

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience using the Daiwa TD Minnow or if anyone knows the difference between the TD and SP Minnows. The only thing I can find is that the TD is made in Japan? (Not sure if the SP is too though).

Thank you!

The TDs are a similar profile, but smaller sizes and suspending. Great early season baits, but hard to find for cheaper than SPs.

I only have 120s (I think) but here’s size comparison to SP sizes: It’s barely thinner too but hard to tell in the picture 

B200DCBB-A904-42DA-8508-609937FB6A93.jpeg

59187A56-E1B7-4B44-9B7C-C57C8BE97E8D.jpeg

I've used the TD minnow in FW.. they come (or used to come) in smaller sizes.  I know I still have several around in 60mm and 95mm.. the smaller ones may not still be available but the larger ones I have seen on the bay frequently enough..  

Daiwa had their td minnow in this color called ghost ayu which I had great luck with. Not sure if it is still available. I do like having the three different sizes as an option too. The only sp I ever used was the 6”. Not sure of the technical differences between the td and sp.