Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjdbike

IBSP buggy passes limited, selling out?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

39 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

i will be camping and kayaking. Did you get a pass?

Of course. I plan on a few birding excursions through the dunes searching for the elusive sand panda. Maybe even dust off the old 9 footer and go noseriding off the pocket.

 

Edited by MitchellNJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped buying them back when they jacked the price up to $200 which in theory was to keep the number of trucks down, but in reality was just another NJ cash grab.  I really do love it there but the fact is that it is so darn crowded on any any decent day that looking down the beach looks like a multi-mile porcupine .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, fmtuna said:

I stopped buying them back when they jacked the price up to $200 which in theory was to keep the number of trucks down, but in reality was just another NJ cash grab.  I really do love it there but the fact is that it is so darn crowded on any any decent day that looking down the beach looks like a multi-mile porcupine .. 

Nobody Goes There Anymore, It’s Too Crowded

 

In 1984 the writer Roy Blount Jr. published a profile of Berra in “Sports Illustrated” magazine, and he inquired about the history of the well-known quip: 14

“How about the one about the restaurant being so crowded nobody ever goes there?” I asked. “You didn’t really say that, did you?”
Yogi smiled. “Yeah! I said that one,” he assured me.
“You did?” I said. “About Charlie’s in Minneapolis?”
“Nahhh, it was about Ruggeri’s in St. Louis. When I was headwaiter there.” That would have been in 1948.
“No,” said Carmen, “you said that in New York.”
“St. Louis,” Yogi said firmly.
So there you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, robtf said:

Nobody Goes There Anymore, It’s Too Crowded

 

In 1984 the writer Roy Blount Jr. published a profile of Berra in “Sports Illustrated” magazine, and he inquired about the history of the well-known quip: 14

“How about the one about the restaurant being so crowded nobody ever goes there?” I asked. “You didn’t really say that, did you?”
Yogi smiled. “Yeah! I said that one,” he assured me.
“You did?” I said. “About Charlie’s in Minneapolis?”
“Nahhh, it was about Ruggeri’s in St. Louis. When I was headwaiter there.” That would have been in 1948.
“No,” said Carmen, “you said that in New York.”
“St. Louis,” Yogi said firmly.
So there you are.

Yogi...

 

"The future... it ain't what it used to be..."

 

"When you come to a fork in the road... take it"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 9:50 AM, crazybellringer said:

i will be camping and kayaking. Did you get a pass?

 

Pick me and my yak up in Lavallette on your way down. Thanks. :th: 

 

First time not having a pass in 20+ years.  Never expected them to sellout by April. :dismay: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always buy my pass early in the year. The only time I go there is early spring up to around early June. Only on weekdays. Then I am done with that place. I return early October through mid December. Only on weekdays. 

 

Honestly, I wish they would raise the price of the pass even more, and put more limits on the amount sold. That might help keep the kite junkies  the hell out of there. Summer months, I wouldn’t step foot in that place. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with IBSP is that it's beautiful.  Also, with the slick ways towns restrict beach access using work-arounds to the Public Trust Access Doctrine there's not as many places to go to the beach as there used to be.  That said, the rules are the rules and it is a "Sport Fishing" permit.  I bought permits 80's until '00, so I don't know after that, but back then rule enforcement varied from hardcore to spotty to none.....leaning mostly spotty to none. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 2:10 PM, fmtuna said:

Yogi...

 

"The future... it ain't what it used to be..."

 

"When you come to a fork in the road... take it"

 

 

My daughter's choir sang at  service for him, his son then spoke.

 

You've never seen more laughter at a funeral

 

Fact:  Every bowl of cereal he ate was with half and half, not milk as he thought it was better for you - only half the fat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 8:41 AM, D_Rock_NJ said:

Looks like they'll have more available in October for the fall season....

 

https://tomsriver.shorebeat.com/2021/04/island-beach-state-park-4x4-permits-sold-out-until-october/

That nice, of course it will still cost the full amount for 3 months of use, typical NJ. Should reduce the cost by at least 50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kneel said:

 

Pick me and my yak up in Lavallette on your way down. Thanks. :th: 

 

First time not having a pass in 20+ years.  Never expected them to sellout by April. :dismay: 

Sure thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.