Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjdbike

IBSP buggy passes limited, selling out?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Just tried to purchase IBSP buggy pass at the park gate office. Woman told me they can only be purchased online and that they may be sold out by now. She followed with, you'd better hurry because if they're not sold out now, they will be very shortly. I found that strange. Is this due to the fact that they're limiting passes to allow for "social distancing", or because everyone and their dog are fishing now?

Luckily, I was able to purchase one.

Best Regards,

JD

I though that they had a 500 limit.  They did have a limit last year. Maybe it was more, but they were sold out when I tried applying last year.

I believe they are limiting it to 8000 for now and then another 500 in the Fall. As far as why I can only guess that everybody (fisherman) complaining of the overcrowding. Since Sandy the place has become a **** show at peak times.                                                                                                             DonF as far as the 500 goes they are supposed to limit the amount of vehicles on the beach to 500. but it has never been enforced that I know of.

4 hours ago, no name said:

I believe they are limiting it to 8000 for now and then another 500 in the Fall. As far as why I can only guess that everybody (fisherman) complaining of the overcrowding. Since Sandy the place has become a **** show at peak times.                                                                                                             DonF as far as the 500 goes they are supposed to limit the amount of vehicles on the beach to 500. but it has never been enforced that I know of.

They have enforced the number of buggies on the beach but very seldom. This year they are saying 'must be actively fishing' we shall see.

I ordered mine online back on 3/25 and it still hasn't arrived yet.  I did the pick up at the park option as I thought it would be ready immediately but it turns out the state just ships it there and you have to then go pick it up.  I called IBSP a couple days ago to check on it and they said the state is pretty backed up but it should be here hopefully by the end of this week.   

1 min ago, D_Rock_NJ said:

I ordered mine online back on 3/25 and it still hasn't arrived yet.  I did the pick up at the park option as I thought it would be ready immediately but it turns out the state just ships it there and you have to then go pick it up.  I called IBSP a couple days ago to check on it and they said the state is pretty backed up but it should be here hopefully by the end of this week.   

I did park pickup and it was ready in 2 days.  They may have just received a load of stickers or something though

Just now, Captain Planet said:

I did park pickup and it was ready in 2 days.  They may have just received a load of stickers or something though

how long ago was this?

4 mins ago, D_Rock_NJ said:

how long ago was this?

End of January.

I did hear through the grapevine that they are capping it this year.

There were a few days last year where they closed the park to both bathers and buggy passes.  Don't think I've seen that ever.  

They are definitely not enforcing anything. I fish on the beach side at sun-rise and then I'm forced to move to the bay, way too many people on the beach that are "fishing"

Applied soon as the app opened and picked up mine from the office at the park. I believe they increased them to 8000 this year so it will be a s**t show during the summer but the fall won't be that busy since lots of corporations are bringing back their employees into office environment. 

On 4/3/2021 at 6:04 PM, Bristol Lou said:

They have enforced the number of buggies on the beach but very seldom. This year they are saying 'must be actively fishing' we shall see.

Hi Lou.  Long time no see.  Hope you and family are well.  

9 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

sold out. Im going to break every rule. 

yea, I just called because I haven't received mine yet and was starting to get nervous and they confirmed that they are in fact sold out.  However, they did say that the 3 day permits are back this year.