ASrod

April 2021

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Striper C&R is officially closed. Back to perch, catfish and preparing for the late spring in to summer fishing of reds, blues, mackerel, trout and schoolie stripers!

1- What is a catch a release season, and how does it end? What if you catch a striper out of the catch and release season?

2- Water seems colder than usual. Massive schools of stripers in virginia beach. Caught a 24" fish last week out of what seemed like an endless school of fish that size.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:03 PM, RWP said:

1- What is a catch a release season, and how does it end? What if you catch a striper out of the catch and release season?

2- Water seems colder than usual. Massive schools of stripers in virginia beach. Caught a 24" fish last week out of what seemed like an endless school of fish that size.

Catch and release - cannot keep any fish but can still fish for them.

29 mins ago, rdiezel said:

Catch and release - cannot keep any fish but can still fish for them.

Right, but a catch and release season makes no sense. It's either open season, or is catch and release.

Posted (edited) · Report post

28 mins ago, RWP said:

Right, but a catch and release season makes no sense. It's either open season, or is catch and release.

After catch and release season, you can keep fish...it’s help protect the fish during spawn, hopefully there’s no trophy season for Maryland otherwise there’s no point.

Edited by rdiezel

drumsfield thanks for the update. i went out to solomons yesterday an talked to the older gentleman at bait shop. they said it was nothing going on. gives me time to get boat together. hope things pick up soon.

1 hour ago, rdiezel said:

After catch and release season, you can keep fish...it’s help protect the fish during spawn, hopefully there’s no trophy season for Maryland otherwise there’s no point.

I'm assuming this is Maryland?

Spent the last couple of evenings at some spots along the Potomac in DC throwing around some plugs/bucktails. I have seen a fair amount of bait at some spots but no bass. Hopefully, it's just early.