pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was outback in Central Ocean County last night from about 5:30 - 8:30.  Wind was blowing about 14kts NW...Dead high tide was about 6:30ish I believe.  Soaked bloodworms and pulled in 3...... a schoolie about 19' and then two nice size ones  24' and 29'.  Some of the other spots i could see off in the distance seemed to have some nice action as well...

Edited by Sudsy

On 4/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, UncleJohn said:

I used to Ski a lot at Plattekill  My friends father was Ski Patrol and his mom was an instructor at the Ski School    We would stay over in Roxbury when we go to Ski Plattekill.    A few years later Plattekill fell on hard times and one of out friends bought Plattekill Ski Resort

My cousin owned the Deli on the way to Plattekill ... If I remember right is was by railroad tracks, could be off on exact loaction it was years ago ...

N Middlesex county, fished from the low till 4 pm. got a close short on white bucktail and ottertail. Only fish while i was there. other guys dunking bunker chunk and worms.

The fish gods demand sacrifice, lost a 3/4 and a 1 oz. on underwater whatever. On the plus side, if anyone is interested, the crazy alberto is one hell of a strong knot. 20 lb.Braid parted before the knot failed.(alberto on shock leader, uni’s on swivel and short leader) 

Boat fish don't count and since we were in a boat today and didn't catch I guess I will report.  Marked and marked and marked lots of fish.  Tried everything and they just wouldn't cooperate.  Seems like this has been going on for the last few days, water 50.5*  Northern MO CO 

Out back Monmouth County from 5:30-7:30 soaking bloodworms. Got two fish both give or take 24". Shorline was loaded with guys plugging. Didnt see anyone to the right of me catch anything. Quite a bit of seaweed and cabbage crap washing up what a nightmare that was once it got on your slack line. Guess That's expected since yesterday's Gale winds and I got the skunk yesterday afternoon...

Out front, late afternoon.  Runt took a teaser hook just as the tide turned to OG.  Nothing before or after. 

@Sudsy must have put me in the timeout.

I went to ocean county to steal someones spot.. Got luck with one fish 16".  Try again later

Gave the back bay another try this morning but still nothing happening and didn't see anyone else have any success either.  Did watch a lot of yaks hit the water and head for parts unknown.  Think I will give the big pond a try in the morning.

18 hours ago, Still_pluggin91911 said:

Out back Monmouth County from 5:30-7:30 soaking bloodworms. Got two fish both give or take 24". Shorline was loaded with guys plugging. Didnt see anyone to the right of me catch anything. Quite a bit of seaweed and cabbage crap washing up what a nightmare that was once it got on your slack line. Guess That's expected since yesterday's Gale winds and I got the skunk yesterday afternoon...

People were catching in Monmouth yesterday

44 mins ago, pricise10 said:

Saw happy bunker this morning in moco, other then that nothing else! 

Seems like it is a night bite starting these days but noticed once the fish feeds well for a couple days then bite dies and picks up later. 

Water temp up to 47 & a positive sign, saw a dozen dolphins heading north this morning right along the beach - first sighting of a group since last year, water is clear & calm no forage visible by me +