pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

N.Middlesex county, Hit it at low tide, Dropped the skunk with two, one keeper and one an inch short. White bucktail w/ otter tail.  foul hooked a bunker as well, thing had some kind of infection, missing meat on the spinal dorsal section, all red and nasty looking. In case anyone is interested, the bucktail was the one I shampooed w/ Dawn and rinsed off. No ill effects i guess.

5 hours ago, Sudsy said:

LL bean no longer lifetime warranties their waders

They now specifically say that they are not made for saltwater which voids the 1 year warranty

Salt water? what salt water? This is Jersey, the “fresh” water will lift your wallet and steal your car keys...

6 hours ago, MC55 said:

Went out this morning and decided to try giving the back bay a shot.  Went to an easy access location and found clean clear water with a handful of other fisherman around.  Looked promising but couldn't raise a bump all morning.  Didn't see anyone else do any better.  Most left before I did.  Water was sure putting the chill in the legs so I'm sure these last few cold night haven't helped to move things along.  Will give it another go Wednesday.  

Mike,

If things don't heat up soon, you're welcome to go grenade fishing with me. Learned it in Nam. You don't need lures or bait, just a bag to put them in. If Fish and Game show up, we just tell them they were lucky not being there for the methane gas explosion. 

Bob

3 hours ago, Talisman13 said:

N.Middlesex county, Hit it at low tide, Dropped the skunk with two, one keeper and one an inch short. White bucktail w/ otter tail.  foul hooked a bunker as well, thing had some kind of infection, missing meat on the spinal dorsal section, all red and nasty looking. In case anyone is interested, the bucktail was the one I shampooed w/ Dawn and rinsed off. No ill effects i guess.

Some people use chunks of ivory soap as catfish bait

9 hours ago, suntzu said:

Every year I catch one fish on my first surf rod, only one because I would be devastated if it broke; this custom 7’ beauty my grandmother had built for a very young me at Pt Pleasant Hardware  in 1979. Tonight might be the night 

3B0EE265-8929-4A02-AC9F-4138FD822DA1.jpeg

Point Beach Hardware???

Took a ride out back with the family around 5...heavy sw winds..looked fishy but nothing..few guys on the pier with bait but nothing on them..seeing a few more dead bunker wash up along with a dead seagull...not good signs...

Decided to stop fighting the wind and played with the dog.

Don't have to worry about the first cast first fish jinx here, not even the first trip good fishing jinx

Hit all my favorite spots from the west side of the bay all the way down to the river then up the river

Not a bump

Didn't see a single person catch anything

Wind against tide was brutal

The moment I got out of the car at my first stop way in the back and got hit with that sideways wind I said to myself "you should go home now".

Like an idiot I didn't listen

43 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Don't have to worry about the first cast first fish jinx here, not even the first trip good fishing jinx

Hit all my favorite spots from the west side of the bay all the way down to the river then up the river

Not a bump

Didn't see a single person catch anything

Wind against tide was brutal

The moment I got out of the car at my first stop way in the back and got hit with that sideways wind I said to myself "you should go home now".

Like an idiot I didn't listen

Black cloud sudsy back in action?

Just got back. Out back Middlesex co. Windy conditions. In coming to out going. 4 total all over 28” biggest 32”. SP minnow. 

Bait guys were tearing it up. Saw one bass over 30#. Every cast they reeled in a fish. 

Feels good to get that hit.

Eeeeels..........

Late report from yesterday afternoon. Had about an hour to mess around. Dropped my daughter off for practice and ventured outback NoMoCo. 2 spots, end of incoming, healthy WNW. Nada. Had to leave and the Calvary started showing up for the outgoing.