April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

pricise10

2:30-now outback. Conditions were good, consistent NE wind but very manageable. Water clarity was good and saw small bait fish jumping over floating sticks but nothing doing. Was hoping the sun would have warmed up the flats for the outgoing and stir things up after this cold snap but not yet. @Baccigalup that’s crazy we’re in the same town up there. PM coming

Daytime high/OG.  Back side - nothing.  Moved out front to a spot I scoped over the winter.  Found fish in the shallows.  Threw in front of them, behind them.  Swam under and over them.  Hit them on the head with everything in the bag.  Got one follow.  Otherwise no interest in anything. Must be a bait bite.  

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

7 mins ago, Niffty said:

Daytime high/OG.  Back side - nothing.  Moved out front to a spot I scoped over the winter.  Found fish in the shallows.  Threw in front of them, behind them.  Swam under and over them.  Hit them on the head with everything in the bag.  Got one follow.  Otherwise no interest in anything. Must be a bait bite.  

Fish likely sluggish from the sharp drop in water temp the last couple of days.  Look for things to pick up this week.

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

Took the boat out back all over. Not that I know what I'm doing because I sure as hell don't but soaked the worms and came up empty. I was marking some fish in one spot I believe, not that I really know how to read a fish finder. But I'm pretty sure I was markin'. Nothing biting though so I mean who knows. Water temp was 47. Managed to not make a fool out of myself at the boat ramp so I'll call it a good day.

7 hours ago, UncleJohn said:

Late report from yesterday.  Middlesex County  3:00 PM to 6:15 PM    southwest wind at 10 - 15 rippled the water but otherwise calm.   the water was surprisingly clean for the bayshore.  Some Kayak guys said they had some luck with some small fish.  I moved to another spot and saw some Kayakers there too.   One guy had a keeper. I started fishing with a small sp minnow with no luck.  Water looked pretty shallow for only 1.5 hr after high tide.   I saw a lone bunker swim by but nothing else going on.   I moved over to to another spot where the water looked deeper and looked promising.  I started with the SP Minnow with no luck then I tried putting on a swim shad but no luck there either    Nothing doing for me.   Some baitcasters showed up with worms and they didn't get anything either.   Nice being out anyway ...

The bite was on at the very beginning of the incoming during early morning then shut off. Bait guys left with worms untouched  for several hours.

9 hours ago, Baccigalup said:

Same town brother...im in the valley off rt 36.  pm me we will hook up. Get a dec access permit so you can fish anywhere with no issues. I haven't ventured much cause i mostly hunt up there but my bro in law is the expert at finding spots.   We usually go up to deposit to fish. There are so many good places to go you can literally stop anywhere.

I used to Ski a lot at Plattekill  My friends father was Ski Patrol and his mom was an instructor at the Ski School    We would stay over in Roxbury when we go to Ski Plattekill.    A few years later Plattekill fell on hard times and one of out friends bought Plattekill Ski Resort

2 hours ago, Niffty said:

Outback sucked these past days. 

"Goya Pro Staffer".

EGGY Award Winner For The Month Of Mayo.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:38 AM, Baccigalup said:

also have a pair of ll beans that are my reserve waders..  i always try to get whats guaranteed cause they all eventually fail and most of the high end companies stand behind their products.

LL bean no longer lifetime warranties their waders

They now specifically say that they are not made for saltwater which voids the 1 year warranty

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

12 mins ago, Sudsy said:

They now specifically say that they are not made for saltwater which voids the 1 year warranty

But they do have a new replacement program for after the warranty is over.  Saw it in their spring fishing catalog.  If you have proof of purchase they will replace the waders one time for $75.  When I saw this I got out my last pair I purchased in 2018, which I was about ready to trash, and gave them a call.  They told me to send them in with proof of purchase and they would get back to me when they received them.  They called, paid the $75 and a couple of days later had the replacement pair.  It's only a one time replacement, but still saved me bigger bucks then have to pay full price for something new.

Went out this morning and decided to try giving the back bay a shot.  Went to an easy access location and found clean clear water with a handful of other fisherman around.  Looked promising but couldn't raise a bump all morning.  Didn't see anyone else do any better.  Most left before I did.  Water was sure putting the chill in the legs so I'm sure these last few cold night haven't helped to move things along.  Will give it another go Wednesday.  

6 mins ago, MC55 said:

But they do have a new replacement program for after the warranty is over.  Saw it in their spring fishing catalog.  If you have proof of purchase they will replace the waders one time for $75.  When I saw this I got out my last pair I purchased in 2018, which I was about ready to trash, and gave them a call.  They told me to send them in with proof of purchase and they would get back to me when they received them.  They called, paid the $75 and a couple of days later had the replacement pair.  It's only a one time replacement, but still saved me bigger bucks then have to pay full price for something new.

I also used the $75 replacement service for waders.  I tore my pair bad while falling last winter, all my fault.  I called them to see if there was anything they could do and they said no, but then told me about this program.  I sent my waders back and then they called me saying I was approved for the program so for $75 I was able to get brand new waders.

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

Sudsy,

Is that a joke.  Not to be used for saltwater?  What's next simms boots as well.   That's like people that buy boa laces on boots and they lock up and you need a screwdriver to get out of them.  No for saltwater

Edited by Goldy

9 mins ago, Goldy said:

Sudsy,

Is that a joke.  Not to be used for saltwater?  What's next simms boats as well.   That's like people that buy boa laces on boots and they lock up and you need a screwdriver to get out of them.  No for saltwater

ISYN !

If you have to do anything warranty hose the salt off them first and say you're a trout fly fisherman

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962