pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

346 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Talisman13 said:

Ruh roh... I got a new pair of Stockimg foot hellbenders w/boots end of last season. Didn’t get a chance to use them last year, was looking forward to busting them out soon.. Whatever happened to red balls? those things seemed to last forever.

When my simms bootfoot failed they replaced them with stockingfoot ones as they werent making the bootfoots anymore..never used them. I have a pair of cabelas guide waders going on 6 years now no issues other than a ripped belt loop and they usually  replace them when they fail..if they have a similar replacement pair ill try to send them back but i love them. also have a pair of ll beans that are my reserve waders..  i always try to get whats guaranteed cause they all eventually fail and most of the high end companies stand behind their products.

6 mins ago, Tug Addict said:

Oh nice! We’re in a town called Roxbury- about 20 min west from bellayre and 45 min SW of Hunter. It’s beautiful up there - winters are hard but it’s peaceful and serene. Where are you guys?

We’re pretty close to the Esopus, I can’t wait to put in time trying to figure out trout fishing. Still trying to figure out striper fishing haha but wading in a river, surrounded by woods is something I look forward to...as opposed to last night surrounded by bunker heads and the bucket brigade haha

Same town brother...im in the valley off rt 36.  pm me we will hook up. Get a dec access permit so you can fish anywhere with no issues. I haven't ventured much cause i mostly hunt up there but my bro in law is the expert at finding spots.   We usually go up to deposit to fish. There are so many good places to go you can literally stop anywhere.

16 hours ago, Goldy said:

FYI.  There is no such thing has high end frog togs. An absolute junk product

i went thru hellbender and Anura 2 in a month

I must own the only pair of quality Frogg Toggs. I have a pair of Hellbenders I bought last spring. I'm definitely not easy on my equipment and rarely wash them off. They sit in the back of my truck for days. Not one pinhole leak in them.

1 min ago, JimK said:

I must own the only pair of quality Frogg Toggs. I have a pair of Hellbenders I bought last spring. I'm definitely not easy on my equipment and rarely wash them off. They sit in the back of my truck for days. Not one pinhole leak in them.

Consider yourself lucky

1 min ago, UncleJohn said:

Nice, Did your son catch that fish ...

You crazy.  Too young for nightshift.  He does help tie leaders and bucktails at 3.5yr

Posted (edited) · Report post

Late report from yesterday.  Middlesex County  3:00 PM to 6:15 PM    southwest wind at 10 - 15 rippled the water but otherwise calm.   the water was surprisingly clean for the bayshore.  Some Kayak guys said they had some luck with some small fish.  I moved to another spot and saw some Kayakers there too.   One guy had a keeper. I started fishing with a small sp minnow with no luck.  Water looked pretty shallow for only 1.5 hr after high tide.   I saw a lone bunker swim by but nothing else going on.   I moved over to to another spot where the water looked deeper and looked promising.  I started with the SP Minnow with no luck then I tried putting on a swim shad but no luck there either    Nothing doing for me.   Some baitcasters showed up with worms and they didn't get anything either.   Nice being out anyway ...

Edited by UncleJohn

2 hours ago, UncleJohn said:

He seems really excited ...  Time goes by quick.  Enjoy the good times    He'll be ready soon enough ...

He always wants to help and wants to fish. Snapper season he loves. 

14 mins ago, Goldy said:

He always wants to help and wants to fish. Snapper season he loves. 

Start him with the trout - 55 this morning in 3 hours on trout magnets w/ powerworms 

Edited by suntzu

3 hours ago, JimK said:

Me to...have them last spring and fall and holding up so far..

1 hour ago, suntzu said:

Start him with the trout - 55 this morning in 3 hours on trout magnets w/ powerworms 

Thx man.  No freshwater for me.  Unfortunately only enough time for salt

Edited by Goldy

23 mins ago, rastley420 said:

Nothing at a beach on a bay in the early afternoon. I think the last couple days chilled the water too much. Lots of dried bunker on the shore. 

I agree I think the sharp drop hurt the shore bite, I saw a lot of yak fish from last night so they must have gone deeper. We literally were standing in the middle of a bunker school....