pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

Been watching bunker beach themselves for several weeks, nothing chasing them. I've slid a few back into the water  only to have them swim in a circle and beach again. This has been happening in front and in back. Yesterday I found several  live horseshoe crabs on the beach, was able to get them back into the water. I know they spawn around the new moon in May, that's usually in back not out front. Weird stuff going on this year.

Took the boat out in the river yesterday. Great day on the water but not a single tap. I knew it would take time to develop spots and what not but the growing pains are tough. Launching/loading and putting the boat in the driveway is routine now though at least. Based on the blues showing up and horny cows being caught in Fortescue, I think the dirty D game is about over. Hopefully next year I can dial it in a bit.

Yesterday afternoon report from CM co.  The shorts just keep on coming, fished the incoming and had about 15 bass to 20'' a handful of shad and a 23'' flounder that is the biggest that I have landed from the sand.  Lots of participation.  Fished the backside of an inlet.  Did see some more quality 25'' bass caught and one really nice keeper.  Back out on Thursday with the light tackle

Posted (edited) · Report post

Beautiful AM over at MoCo. Early meeting so it was a slightly shorter outing. Sunrise 45 min, middle of incoming, no wind that became a light NE by the time I was walking off the sand. Gorgeous water with a little surf action. Slower rat pick than yesterday. Grabbed 5 on the light tackle. May hit the dusk bite again. I have to be careful and pace my allotted Empress fishing points. 

Edited by DeeMonee

11 hours ago, beerspitnight said:

Got my first keeper tonight, ever. So stoked. Outback central OC.  Got 2 with the incoming/slack, then nothing. The First was at 28" and the second, seen below was at 26", both on light tackle.  A Late night to say the least.

PXL_20210428_015903454.jpg

Looks like you've been fishing by the nuclear power plant. I'd get your things in order!

Had a very short window this am. Chose a spot out front that didnt require wadering up and stayed there. Got the first cast curse with one, then nothing after. Didnt see a whole lot of life out there where I was.

5 hours ago, Artie Fishil said:

Been watching bunker beach themselves for several weeks, nothing chasing them. I've slid a few back into the water  only to have them swim in a circle and beach again. This has been happening in front and in back. Yesterday I found several  live horseshoe crabs on the beach, was able to get them back into the water. I know they spawn around the new moon in May, that's usually in back not out front. Weird stuff going on this year.

Been swimming around me a lot as I been plugging...