April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

pricise10

53 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Totally normal. Bass are masters at taking advantage of their environment. Places like fast moving rivers and heavy surf is when its fun to catch them.  They're turds otherwise.

Sure , your fish are all turds. All of mine are brutal monsters. :beatin::sarc:what's up Andrew?

I am, perhaps, spending too much time fishing...I went out again last night after the kids went to bed, so roughly 9:00 or so from slack tide to the start of the incoming—same spot as the other night (central OC out back).  There were 2 other guys out there.  Got a bump on the first cast, then nothing for about 10 casts.  So I moved down a bit.  I hooked into one a couple of minutes later once the tide started coming in.  It was getting late (10:00 or so), so I started walking back in.  Once I got past the two other guys, I threw the metal lip out again for "one last cast" and hooked into a 24" or so inch fish.  That fish caused me to stay for another 20 minutes, where I got hit twice and then landed a slightly nicer fish before I headed out.  The guys next to me got 1 while I was there.  They were throwing SPs.  The metal lip continues to produce, and I continue to have tired mornings.  

And last night was the first time anyone asked me what I was throwing, which felt good as I finally feel like I know what I am doing out there!

PXL_20210419_020822343.MP.jpg

Just checking in from the RB after hitting it the last few weeks. Same story as the fish are tide specific on getting them to chew. All fish over 30" when caught but very very sporadic. Best moment was this morning seeing a pretty big stripe follow my swim bait right up to the kayak. Was really awesome because it was like glass all morning out there. All fish in water over 15' for me. Water has been dirty and hung over 50 degrees and even 55 in water under 10ft. Well, will venture to different water outfront and look for some beach stripers because yak ones do not count.

20210419_071315.jpg

20210414_075433_001.jpg

17 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Out front, MoCo, for an hour and a half, mid afternoon. Strong SE wind. Nice chop. Outgoing tide. One little guy. Again, small profile lures. They weren't stacked up like yesterday. You had to work for them. Two other guys were more successful than I was. No fish of any size. 

Birds were working and these fish are healthy looking. Not sure what they're feeding on. Dolphins put in an appearance.

Hope to get out tomorrow.

I wasn't fishing but there was a Humpback putting on quite the show in the AP/ OG area yesterday afternoon

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

Hmmm......46 & 47 lbers on some boats this AM......chunks.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

5 hours ago, bbfish said:

For all the stories/legends about the mighty striped bass, they really aren't much of a gamefish when compared to other species.  Unless youre fighting big fish in heavy current they're kind of fight like wet rags with a tail.  Thats a pretty light setup, but a 25 inch fish is small and shouldnt provide much of a tussle unless youre fishing trout gear.

Fly rod takes all size fish and makes it a fight. 46lb black drum, 20 inch bluefish, keeper fluke....all lots of fun on the fly. 40lb braid, yeah sporting for fish under 12lbs......not......but for my hard core friends its a must. Your tackle should reflect your targeted fish, big blues and bass require stout gear but school fish require a LMB set-up. I see lots of spin fishermen scaling down for the fun.

2 hours ago, Sheisty said:

The best part of spring 2021 has been the RB water quality, this has been the clearest i've seen it as a whole in a long time.

From what I've gathered you've been crushing em this spring? Where's my invite?

"With all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one..."

(*member formerly known as 'adoboboy')