pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CharlieK said:

I spoke with a game warden on the bay shore years ago. He said that when they issue a summons the culprit has either false I'd or no I'd at all. No speeka de English. He also said that if he arrested one, he had to drive him from the bay shore all the way to Newark for processing. Round trip and paperwork time would cost him half the day.

I say write the summons and confiscate all the gear and maybe even the vehicle and it doesn't get returned until the court appearance.

Sounds all too familar. Enforcement in mass is dealing with many of the same issues.:banghd:

3 hours ago, Frank5 said:

Awesome. Yeah he makes great stuff they flat out catch fish. Usually one of my top producers as well. Lethal when peanut bunker are around. Ran into him last weekend and he said that exact “spearing” style your using with the silver flash strips on the side has been very productive for him lately as well. 

They are also tough to find!  I have been calling around trying to get some more as I only have that color and a white one.  I am afraid of losing it and being stuck without a replacement!

I made a call against the elusive asian boat crew the other night and never heard back.  

these are the guys that bring s boat on top of the sedan and unfold it and bring the motor from the trunk.   Professionals

Switching gears slightly here, but it's the same problem-same topic. Longtime friend lives in suburban Philly neighborhood with a small pond circled by homes. The pond is loaded with panfish, carp and catfish and on any given day you'll see kids of all ages, sizes and colors rod in hand. As you might guess, a group of men and women with ancestry from another part of the globe attack the pond with fishing rods and 5 gallon buckets. They were keeping EVERYTHING they caught. None had fishing licenses. Alerted, my friend approaches them alone and asked them to practice catch and release so the kids could continue to enjoy the pond. A minimal request, I thought. He didn't ask them to leave or stop fishing, just be a little considerate. Nope, that wasn't good enough for them. Up to this point he had been polite and respectful. Oh boy, the rules changed real fast.  Any two of those guys standing on each other's shoulders would come up to Joe's chin. And when he raises his voice and tells you to leave the premises you're gonna leave quickly. Wrong tactic, vigilantism, why didn't he call a warden you say. We all know Fish and Game in just about every state is completely understaffed and can't possibly respond in a timely manner. I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong but what I am saying is people are frustrated with inaction by the authorities in dealing with lawbreakers and unfortunately are taking matters into their own hands. Just sayin'.  By the way, the illegal fishermen have not returned.

Taking cheap  gear away is no deterrent . Easy to give fake ID if you have no intention of claiming your possessions .  They should confiscate the cars also . Used in the commission of a crime . This will make them more likely to give valid ID . Chances are they will get it back in court but they will be without it until the court process is over and a documented record to a real name is created .. Auto compound yards are also not vehicle friendly so you never know what may happen . 

Rain wasn't bad, wearing a wading jacket and waders the wind was light. Spin fisherman had four casting very long long way out. Nada for me but cormorants moved in so some smaller bait must be showing up. NoMoCo Bayshore not as many bunker in the water dying a few.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Was listening to a popular podcast a few months ago that featured a prominent guest known for being pro hunting. And one of the things he was saying was that it was a popular misconception that environmentalists saved the great lakes from all the pollution that was taking place. Instead in reality it was the hunters and fisherman that sounded the alarm bells that all the fish amd waterfowl were dying. Counterintuitive to the average person but common sense. As a sportsman you have a duty and obligation to call out the bs when you see it or risk losing it. 

Edited by adams54

5 hours ago, Qwik said:

Taking cheap  gear away is no deterrent . Easy to give fake ID if you have no intention of claiming your possessions .  They should confiscate the cars also . Used in the commission of a crime . This will make them more likely to give valid ID . Chances are they will get it back in court but they will be without it until the court process is over and a documented record to a real name is created .. Auto compound yards are also not vehicle friendly so you never know what may happen . 

Often it is a fairy tale and mystery who owns the car!

11 mins ago, adams54 said:

Was listening to a popular podcast a few months ago that featured a prominent guest known for being pro hunting. And one of the things he was saying was that it was a popular misconception that environmentalists saved the great lakes from all the pollution that was taking place. Instead in reality it was the hunters and fisherman that sounded the alarm bells that all the fish amd waterfowl were dying. Counterintuitive to the average person but common sense. As a sportsman you have a duty and obligation to call out the bs when you see it or risk losing it. 

20 years ago members of this site organized, marched on Trenton, did media interviews and lobbied to get the bunker bill passed, more in 2013 and the result is what we enjoy today - billions of bunker in NJ waters. Its wasn’t always this way we made it happen Will the next generation step up to protect the resources? If something isn’t done to protect striped bass they will be gone, I remember the last time they were gone. Enjoy your Spring and Fall skate and dogfish fishery 

11 mins ago, suntzu said:

20 years ago members of this site organized, marched on Trenton, did media interviews and lobbied to get the bunker bill passed, more in 2013 and the result is what we enjoy today - billions of bunker in NJ waters. Its wasn’t always this way we made it happen Will the next generation step up to protect the resources? If something isn’t done to protect striped bass they will be gone, I remember the last time they were gone. Enjoy your Spring and Fall skate and dogfish fishery 

Nice generation you guys were. My generation likes to pose with fish so they can post on instagram for worthless internet high 5s

6 hours ago, sturdybeggar said:

Switching gears slightly here, but it's the same problem-same topic. Longtime friend lives in suburban Philly neighborhood with a small pond circled by homes. The pond is loaded with panfish, carp and catfish and on any given day you'll see kids of all ages, sizes and colors rod in hand. As you might guess, a group of men and women with ancestry from another part of the globe attack the pond with fishing rods and 5 gallon buckets. They were keeping EVERYTHING they caught. None had fishing licenses. Alerted, my friend approaches them alone and asked them to practice catch and release so the kids could continue to enjoy the pond. A minimal request, I thought. He didn't ask them to leave or stop fishing, just be a little considerate. Nope, that wasn't good enough for them. Up to this point he had been polite and respectful. Oh boy, the rules changed real fast.  Any two of those guys standing on each other's shoulders would come up to Joe's chin. And when he raises his voice and tells you to leave the premises you're gonna leave quickly. Wrong tactic, vigilantism, why didn't he call a warden you say. We all know Fish and Game in just about every state is completely understaffed and can't possibly respond in a timely manner. I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong but what I am saying is people are frustrated with inaction by the authorities in dealing with lawbreakers and unfortunately are taking matters into their own hands. Just sayin'.  By the way, the illegal fishermen have not returned.

Maybe this discussion should have a thread of its own but concerning freshwater fish;  I've read that culling- the-herd is beneficial.... not raping the water but keeping some 

10 hours ago, CharlieK said:

I spoke with a game warden on the bay shore years ago. He said that when they issue a summons the culprit has either false I'd or no I'd at all. No speeka de English. He also said that if he arrested one, he had to drive him from the bay shore all the way to Newark for processing. Round trip and paperwork time would cost him half the day.

I say write the summons and confiscate all the gear and maybe even the vehicle and it doesn't get returned until the court appearance.

Fed Rangers have to bring suspects to Fed building in Newark [ Ipso Facto: "The Boss" and "El Patron"].  State Conservation Officers run paper through local municipalities and superior courts in said county. Either way the summons are ignored, left unpaid, without detention, the confiscated cars will be reported stolen by the owner,  and returned to same after paying the towing fee. Todays problems existed 40 years ago, but multiplied like the loaves and fishes thanks to catch and release fishing