pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

First fishing trip of 2021 yesterday in MoCo, fished the back and the front, not a bump tried mostly bucktails and soft plastic, one dead bunker, one guy got a striper around 23 inches on a chartreuse jig, this morning fished for an hour before heading back home, skunked but beautiful trip. Will be back in may hopefully

6CFAF4AE-A5EC-480C-B009-E5F8478A98A4.jpeg

7418F761-FC16-43C4-842E-5AADDDE8A417.jpeg

1 hour ago, jrzyripper said:

Just to chime in about the Conservation Officers. I ran into one at WAWA this week and he held the door open for me. I said to him "Man we could have used you this weekend where I was". He mentioned that he was in the area close to where I was and busted guys with over 150 shorts in one night. Also gave me his card and personal cell number to text when I am out there if I see anything. He asked me to send him a pin of where I saw all the "overs" being poached last weekend and said he will be there this weekend. 

If its the young officer he will respond asap if he is in  the area . The guy  really takes it serious and does all he can . ..

2 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

150 shorts? One night? No wonder bass fishing is dying. 

Yeah, you see some crazy stuff out there.. 

11 hours ago, beerspitnight said:

I went out again last night after the kids went to bed in central OC out back.  This spot is on fire at night as of late.  Got 3 last night along with a dozen taps. All of the fish were bigger than the night before.  The last one was close to 28, I think.  I went to measure him against my rod but lost my grip on him.  I felt bad for the first one I got, which was around 22 as I hooked him in the mouth and the gill, but I also got a hook in my thumbnail as I unhooked him, so perhaps we were even.  All they wanted last night was a small metal lip.  I tried a black/purple mag darter, but they didn't touch it.

PXL_20210414_005922385.jpg

PXL_20210414_014749571.MP.jpg

PXL_20210414_015254890.jpg

Is that a Gordy Wright plug?

2 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

150 shorts? One night? No wonder bass fishing is dying. 

Completely agree - criminal and disgusting.  Can I ask what does somebody do with 150 bass in one night?  

5 mins ago, Still Trying said:

Completely agree - criminal and disgusting.  Can I ask what does somebody do with 150 bass in one night?  

There are buyers. Walk some of the markets in Perth Amboy, Elizabeth, New Brunswick- once was in a Korean market in Elizabeth where they were selling fresh rainbow trout - one had a NJFGW jaw tag

Posted (edited) · Report post

I Went fishing for the 1st time in about a year... fished from around 1900 - 11 hundred (7pm to 9 pm)  in the way back - incoming tide and sunset. I got skunked and lost a tsunami swimshad. I saw 1 striper get reeled in. ...it was nice to talk people that I haven seen in a while....I need to respool my reel

Edited by Frugal Fisherman

2 hours ago, suntzu said:

There are buyers. Walk some of the markets in Perth Amboy, Elizabeth, New Brunswick- once was in a Korean market in Elizabeth where they were selling fresh rainbow trout - one had a NJFGW jaw tag

That’s hilarious, but it is a shame. I’ve even seen largemouth bass at an Asian market, too. Just last week a friend of mine was solicited for “fresh fish trade for Chinese food”

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 mins ago, HighEndHooker said:

That’s hilarious, but it is a shame. I’ve even seen largemouth bass at an Asian market, too. Just last week a friend of mine was solicited for “fresh fish trade for Chinese food”

Lol..I'd trade a "keeper " largemouth for a sesame chicken meal....

How many sunnies?

Edited by Frugal Fisherman

4 hours ago, jerseystriper said:

would doubt it, only tidal up to the Rutgers campus in NB, after that its shallow skinny water that passes over what I think is sandstone. Slippery stuff, but can be decent smallmouth fishing.  

Slabs of shale.... super slick 

12 hours ago, Still Trying said:

There has been buyers for about 22 years that I'm certain of and probably long before that. And the selling outweighs the consequences.