pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Eeeeels said:

Yea man. I counted a few dead bass too. 

where I was Friday night was crowded but all the guys were cool and knew how to fish the sweep. Pretty amazing how well things go when people work together.

Trout fished on Saturday where the googan hordes to my left and right as well as in front of me knew nothing about how to work together when fishing current flow in a stream. Needless to say it was a line cutting, re-tie fiasco. Awful. It is nice when everyone is on the same page. 

15 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Was that you that creeped up behind me several nights ago? lol. Who ever it was had me looking over my shoulder every minute lol. Fishing alone has its drawbacks. :shaky: 

Was not me, but I do believe I saw you up north while at work unless it was your doppelgänger.

1 hour ago, Still Trying said:

I never really understood how bad this situation was until this weekend (I also saw the carnage).  I made my first trip up to these "new to me" spots where all the activity seems to be.  Now I better understand all of the SOL concerns, outrage, and disgust.  Bigger crowds and total lack of appreciation for the beach, water, or fish.  It saddened me.  On the plus side, there were a few really good dudes who I am certain are on here that offered me good advice and helped me figure out the area better.  So it is not all bad.  While my regular spots don't produce as much, they allow me to appreciate and enjoy the sport more.

Thank you

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, jrzyripper said:

Yes - "We are aware of what's going on at that location but resources are limited"  Wouldn't matter anyway since the bass were being loaded into cars on their way out or scattered randomly in the sod banks that no one would claim.

I went to a very popular spot Saturday night and the authorities were there! They asked me a few questions as I was walking back to my truck. Very pleasant discussion. I thanked them for being there for being there..

Edited by JimK

4 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Enjoy solving this mystery. Dead brook trout washed up amongst the dead bunker on the bayshore.

IMG_20210411_022238.jpg

From what I'm told, Bro planted it there to mess with you ;)

1 hour ago, IsmailG said:

Enjoy solving this mystery. Dead brook trout washed up amongst the dead bunker on the bayshore.

IMG_20210411_022238.jpg

That's not a brookie... it's a stocked rainbow....but my theory to your query is they recently stocked  trout  in nj and the rain dropped the water temps so it went further downstream than it should've

*brook trout have beautiful markings and one that size is super rare*

Edited by Frugal Fisherman

2 hours ago, JimK said:

I went to a very popular spot Saturday night and the authorities were there! They asked me a few questions as I was walking back to my truck. Very pleasant discussion. I thanked them for being there for being there..

I hope to see them when I go there next trip. Would be a welcome sight for me. They were well aware of what's going on at this location as he chuckled when I told him where it was. It's a shame too because the spot holds tons of fish early spring, just a shame to see so many poached (and I'm not trying to get stabbed at 2am by confronting these groups alone).

14 mins ago, Frugal Fisherman said:

That's not a brookie... it's a stocked rainbow....but my theory to your query is they recently stocked  trout  in nj and the rain dropped the water temps so it went further downstream than it should've

*brook trout have beautiful markings and one that size is super rare*

rainbow trout?  do you wear glasses?  your theory is probably spot on but your fishy id senses are way off.

Edited by gobigblue

5 mins ago, gobigblue said:

rainbow trout?  do you wear glasses?  your theory is probably spot on but your fishy id senses are way off.

Definitely a Brookie. And I have seen them that big before. Just not locally.

1 hour ago, gobigblue said:

Though it's bloated,  it definitely looks similar  with the red towards the belly

adulttrout250.jpg

Edited by Frugal Fisherman