pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2021 at 10:26 AM, adoboboy said:

Went out for my first outing of the year and boy did it start well with the my own first cast curse. Rod tip broke off after the first cast. Thankfully I had a backup. Also, miscalculated a drop off and went for a nice swim, again. Froze my arse off for hours and finally gave in at 11pm. 

As mentioned above, water was stained and lots of salad. moco.It was cloudy and dark last night but for some reason skinny white hard lures were the ticket and I tried all my darker lures, so go figure. Must have been the murky water.  No wet skunk to report. Sorry. 

Kim jong-un last year you were falling down on sandbars, this year your snapping rods and falling in holes. Be safe bro put on your helmet. 

Last night MoCo outback  9:00 PM to 1:00 AM  Light breeze and calm water look good as I walked out to the jetty.   I was fishing with the small SP Minnow and a teaser.   I missed a hit about 15 minutes in.  about a half hour later I got a solid hit.   I set the hook and my reel fell off the rod onto the rocks.   I pulled the reel up by the line at struggled to re-attach it to the reel seat.  I fumbled with the reel seat while trying to keep tension on the fish for what seemed like a long time and finally got the reel secured back in the reel seat.   At that point the fish took a short run and pulled some drag.  A few minutes later I had it up on the rocks..   It was a small Striper but it was fun on the light tackle.   It wasn't until afterward that I found out my reelseat was damaged.   It was dead for the next half hour so I decided to try another spot.     I waded out and I can see people turning on their headlamps to land fish.    They were biting...   I put on a 7" white Hydro Minnow and cast out and on the 2nd cast I got a huge wind knot and my line snapped as I cast my Hydro Minnow out into the water.    I walked back to shore, cut out the tangle and re-rigged with a 6" Hydro Minnow.   I waded back out and again 2nd cast huge Wind Knot, but at least I didn't loose my Hydro Minnow.   I walked back to the car and grabbed my light Steelhead rod and snapped on the Hydro Minnow. By the time I walked back to the4 spot, It seemed like everybody was leaving.    I waded back in there were still a couple guys there but most have left...   I tried with my lite setup for the next half hour but the fish moved on so I called it a night.   

6 hours ago, levari said:

The professionals will coat the cubes with rice flour and then follow your recipe... just an idea to try out...

100%    .That rice flour first will act like a glue if allowed to sit on it for a bit and help keep the rest of your coatings on ..

first trip out front for me. strong enough wind out of the north east to make casting with anything other than metal and jigs frustrating. good north to south sweep. was nice to shake off the rust and get out there. 

12 hours ago, Sevendust111 said:

Thanks for the clarity report guys. Glad I went out yesterday. Chucked worms at the Bayshore for a few hours yesterday afternoon with my family and ended up picking up 8 schoolies with my son. Got skunked the last two times I took him. Nothing big (biggest was 26) but he just turned 8 so they were the perfect size for him.

7DE49002-A944-4141-AFAC-DD8BD1EDF115.jpeg

Great day with your son!!

39 mins ago, christopherr said:

Some 20’s some 30’s.

Hello world.

Hey buddy how are you? Hit me up with some spots. Thanks 

1 hour ago, christopherr said:

Some 20’s some 30’s.

Hello world.

Was that you that creeped up behind me several nights ago? lol. Who ever it was had me looking over my shoulder every minute lol. Fishing alone has its drawbacks. :shaky: 

Just now, Master Debaiter said:

Was that you that creeped up behind me several nights ago? lol. Who ever it was had me looking over my shoulder every minute lol. Fishing alone has its drawbacks. :shaky: 

Stop posting on fb where you are located.  Duh!