pricise10

April 2021 fishing reports

Rate this topic

718 posts in this topic

A little reminder to those who haven't renewed their saltwater fishing registry  ....

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Rural “squeal-like-a-pig” South Jersey last night. Brackish water. Couldn’t buy a hit.

Couldn’t stay warm in 38 degrees & howling wind. Skunk for first trip of ‘21. 

2 hours ago, pricise10 said:

I guess the wind didn’t mean anything last night, the fish bite their heads off again! 

This is true.  Hands and feet didnt make it

3 hours ago, pricise10 said:

I guess the wind didn’t mean anything last night, the fish bite their heads off again! 

The chew was real last night 

the under amour cold gear 4.0 base pants have made all the difference in staying warm this spring wading in cold water. 

N. middlesex county, no action on anything. I was bucktailing, guys around me on bunker chunk and worms. skunks all around.

Question: Once i rinsed my bucktails, I noticed they stunk to high heaven. I sudsed up my hands with a drop of Dawn and gave them a thorough shampoo. they smell better now, but the thought occurred to me that any  dishsoap scent may put off the fish.. any thoughts? 

8 hours ago, Talisman13 said:

N. middlesex county, no action on anything. I was bucktailing, guys around me on bunker chunk and worms. skunks all around.

Question: Once i rinsed my bucktails, I noticed they stunk to high heaven. I sudsed up my hands with a drop of Dawn and gave them a thorough shampoo. they smell better now, but the thought occurred to me that any  dishsoap scent may put off the fish.. any thoughts? 

Probably can't help. I'd soak them in some water for awhile or something. It'll ultimately go away while you're fishing though I'd imagine.

I say all this, but they use to spray WD-40 on their bait and catch fish, some dudes smoke in a tree stand and still manage to shoot a deer, etc lol. I'm in favor of doing everything you can to maximize a situation but the moral of the story is sometimes we overthink things.

I know they use various sprays like wd40 on the west coast on lures when salmon fishing. But its more used to mask human scent than as an attractant. Not sure that stripers are as sensitive to human scent as salmon. Doubt it.

9 hours ago, Talisman13 said:

Are these bucktails you tied or purchased.  What trailer are you running?

18 mins ago, Goldy said:

Are these bucktails you tied or purchased.  What trailer are you running?

S&S smiling bills. using otter tails.