Delmarva Fishin' Reports - April 2021

Rate this topic

luckyOC

I'm sure there's some around already. Whether we'll get a strong run like past years remains to be seen. Seems like 2017 was the last really good run we had and that was the year I started fishing so I missed out on it. I spent a few hours yesterday kayak trolling around the bay and watching for signs of feeding blues/stripers but I never saw anything worth chasing. If they arrive in number this year they should start showing any day.

Fished Wednesday into Thursday, but caught nothing with scales.   4+ foot tide made it interesting for the night high.  Water was a dark green, and very turbid.  I wonder if that is some kind of algae bloom.

Saw 4 bald eagles... two on the beach near the line, one on a km marker near the bullpen, and one on the beach foraging dumped bait/trash around ramp 4. 

Been at AiVA for the last couple of days. Ended up with a 28” drum yesterday. Today the wind has the water so churned up, I’ve seen mud puddles cleaner than the ocean was today. We only caught a dogfish today. Unfortunately it’s looking like tonight and tomorrow still has the wind howling. 

16AB23A8-F126-4E74-8327-79439E585514.jpeg

On 4/29/2021 at 9:15 AM, SneakyWeakie said:

I'm sure there's some around already. Whether we'll get a strong run like past years remains to be seen. Seems like 2017 was the last really good run we had and that was the year I started fishing so I missed out on it. I spent a few hours yesterday kayak trolling around the bay and watching for signs of feeding blues/stripers but I never saw anything worth chasing. If they arrive in number this year they should start showing any day.

Yeah I had a few tails bitten off a few weeks ago. I haven’t dusted the kayak off yet since the surf has been pretty productive. I’m think this warm weather should help bring them in. I get to go fishing on Tuesday-Sun so hopefully they show up then lol.