luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - April 2021

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

I fished the incoming tide this afternoon on AI.  I used clam snouts and sand fleas. I managed to catch a handful of small stripers in close.  The stripers hit better on the clam. 
I talked to a couple other folks, they reported dogfish and stripers, nothing big.  It was a great way to spend the afternoon and the weather cooperated so I’m happy. 

Good luck out there and be safe. 

I went to assateague yesterday for my birthday and finally caught a fish at least. I was using bunker on a hi lo rig and didn't cast that far out cuz I'm still getting the hang of it. 

A few hundred yards further down a couple guys were crushing it and seemed to be throwing back a baby striper every time I happened to look over.  

I also tried some peeler crabs for drum but didn't get any bites.

Its so beautiful out there. PXL_20210408_113103862_MP.jpg.1b7b6be37a0ce544e8f029827736a80f.jpg

5 hours ago, surffish said:

Rats in close during hi. Farther out are skates. Nothing on dead low. Water feels too cold.

Yup, this time last year the rats had been consistent for a month already, and literally every cast some mornings...I started hitting them when the water was barely 45 last year, this year they got active when we started staying at that temp but just nowhere near as steady of a bite... the best days so far this spring are nothing compared to a year ago.

What's a rat , the dummy asks?    

I've been reading that early AM and sunset are better times for beach fishing. What about tides though?  Is the timing of tides more important than actual time of day? 

TIA

On 4/11/2021 at 7:07 PM, Frank2104 said:

What's a rat , the dummy asks?    

I've been reading that early AM and sunset are better times for beach fishing. What about tides though?  Is the timing of tides more important than actual time of day? 

TIA

Undersized stripped bass.

CJ had answered that question on the other thread. "If it feels right go fishin". Being 3 hours away from Atlantic ocean. I fish when I can and able. I love fishing early morning and sundown. Before the storm hit is one of the bestb fish try to fatten up before hiding or perhaps it's just the wind from offshore bringing them in.

Enjoy the retirement and just fish the days away!

On 4/13/2021 at 11:52 AM, surffish said:

Undersized stripped bass.

CJ had answered that question on the other thread. "If it feels right go fishin". Being 3 hours away from Atlantic ocean. I fish when I can and able. I love fishing early morning and sundown. Before the storm hit is one of the bestb fish try to fatten up before hiding or perhaps it's just the wind from offshore bringing them in.

Enjoy the retirement and just fish the days away!

I feel that 3hr drive LOL, I’m so used to it that it doesn’t feel that long anymore. 

5 hours ago, rdiezel said:

I feel that 3hr drive LOL, I’m so used to it that it doesn’t feel that long anymore. 

It gets old after more than 9 years of being a weekend warrior. There still excitement in my head but my body is having a hard time keeping up. Thought about getting a place but that just another investment I can put in a much worthy nest and I'm glad I did. Good luck to you and hope you last longer.

Went out in Delaware today. You had to try not catch a rat. They were all over the surf today. Literally every cast was fish on. Maybe we will get some of the big girls this year but that’s probably wishful thinking.