luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - April 2021

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

Got out last night, focused more outback, didn’t think it was gonna get that cold needless to say no fish, did learn some new spots. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Pretty dang slow yesterday and this morning at the AI VA walk over...didn't see one fish caught. Heard a rumor about one guy getting a skate. Guess that cold front Thursday pushed the black drum further out.

Edited by dixiekraut

Fished the incoming high tide today in Delaware and the rats were abundant in the surf. Was pretty easy fishing for a good hour or two. 

12 hours ago, dixiekraut said:

.. Heard a rumor about one guy getting a skate.

That’s pretty funny....

... then again, it isn’t 

Well...in all honesty....it was the earliest I've ever attempted spring surf fishing.The water temp was only about 48-49 degrees. But that appearance of 20-30 lb blackies on Monday-Tuesday the 30-31st got me hoping the weather would rebound from Thursdays cold front and fish would return by weeks end. Looks like another warming spell is needed. But at 6pm I did see a frenzy of something breaking the surface a few hundred yards off the beach, and hundreds of diving birds...so something was going on...

Fished AI/VA South Side all day Saturday, was much colder than earlier in the week.  I did not see any action from the fishermen around me.  I caught one Dog Fish.  Used Crabs up close, Clams in the slough and Bunker out deep.  Shark was on the Bunker out deep.  @ 5:45 P.M. a school of something came through, Porpoise and birds were all over them. Was maybe 150 Yds out, but I threw a Bunker head at them any way, no luck.

fishing2.jpg

fshing1.jpg

shrk.jpg