jim smith

Van Staal VR 150 reel

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I just bought a used Van Staal VR 150 reel an it didn't come with a schematic an I've been trying to find one everywhere with no luck . Can anyone help me find it ?  Thanks Jim

I just received my new Van Staal VR150b, and same thing - no parts diagram or suggestions for care and use of the reel, it only came with just the tool and a small kit for bail-less conversion.  I have an email in to the company, but I don't really expect that they will reply. Hopefully it will appear on-line.

On 4/4/2021 at 4:50 AM, ZAFisher said:

Hidden on Zebco site.... This is for the silver version

vr150.pdf

I don't know how you found it! I was looking for 30 mins on Zebco and google and couldn't find any schematics for the VR. I'm in search of VR50, VR75, and VR200 (All 2nd gen) schematics to figure out interchangeability and part numbers. Could you help me track these down if it's not too much trouble? Or maybe you already know the answer?

1. Can I use VR50 spool on VR75? Generation shouldn't matter, since only gears are updated.

2. What is the part number for the spool for VR200 2nd gen? I'm seeing "VR 321-40 / 1535057" being available, but I'm not sure if it's Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Thank you in advance.

On 4/4/2021 at 5:50 AM, ZAFisher said:

Hidden on Zebco site.... This is for the silver version

vr150.pdf

That is for the FIRST GEN everything is the same except for the Drag, GEN2 has the drag stack in the front of the spool, not in the rear and the drag knob is different. 

1 hour ago, hobbyisterisis said:

1. Can I use VR50 spool on VR75? Generation shouldn't matter, since only gears are updated.

lf it goes over the rotor and it doesn't rub any part of the reel it should be fine, it should be like the other VR reels 125 and 150 spools will interchange, same with 175 and 200.

2. What is the part number for the spool for VR200 2nd gen? I'm seeing "VR 321-40 / 1535057" being available, but I'm not sure if it's Gen 1 or Gen 2.

l can't help you out on this one, so you're saying no parts list with the new reel that's a bummer.

This is for first gen. reel drag stack in the back of the spool, drag knob is an other giveaway.

58F55A0C-DD3A-4520-9807-520D023FCF84.jpeg

Edited by LB