Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SwimBait

Gansett Boulders

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, osprey47 said:

Have you been to ft wetherell recently??? The rocks are peppered with. BLM propaganda bull**** and " f trump "      I cant wait till I'm there the day one of these hippie clowns spray a rock in front of me 

its moor fun when someone's mad

7 hours ago, DZ said:

RISAA has a surfcasting committee.

Chairman of that committee is someone named Ron Barnes  barnes@risaa.org

Also well known surfcaster Rich Reich is a RISAA Board of Director  reich@risaa.org

I was in that committee for a few years until I was mysteriously removed by the Grand Poobah.

Richie is a great guy, lives down in Pt. Jude. I'm sure he's aware of the shenanigans. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

So I’m hearing DEM just removed 80% of the Camp Cronin fishing parking .  Anyone confirm?  Reasons?

43C77A36-D456-40F0-966C-2BD55BBE43B2.jpeg

Edited by DZ

2 hours ago, DZ said:

So I’m hearing DEM just removed 80% of the Camp Cronin fishing parking .  Anyone confirm?  Reasons?

Wow that is ridiculous and sad if true.  

10 hours ago, rwilhelm said:

Wow that is ridiculous and sad if true.  

If they kept and EPO at the entrée-way asking reason for admittance, half the population that frequents there for only beach-going purposes would be re-directed back into town...Leaving the FISHING ACCESS AREA open to FISHERMEN.... But instead RI officials are to lazy and would rather just ignore the issue...

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, DZ said:

I was there this past weekend for the Narragansett Surfcaster’s beach cleanup day. As soon as we pulled up we spotted a nice Iggy’s lunch dumped right in the parking lot. Enjoy a great view while you eat your lunch then throw it out the window and trash the place. There were no signs or boulders restricting parking. I’m hoping this is a terrible rumor...but if it’s true we’ll have winners like that to blame. 

Edited by Peelin' Drag

I posted this in the other thread: 

Start calling. I just did. The woman at the DEM in JTN is really nice.  She said parking was limited last year because of Covid and that they had discussed eliminating some more parking this year. I told her my (our) concerns. I said this could easily be solved if one DEM officer was stationed there from time to time. I explained how it’s frustrating that we pay for a fishing license, we spend a ton of money in the area, and that for the most part we’re law abiding citizens.

She understood what I was saying, but also said rumors are circulating through  social media so it might be overblown. That’s not how I feel. 

Someone is supposed to call me back today. I asked to speak directly to that person, but was denied. I will follow up with an email and more calls if I don’t get a response. 

It’s time to step up and jump in front of this if there’s still time.  Call the JTN DEM. 401-789-0281.  Please be polite, but firm. This situation could’ve been resolved if there was an officer present who’s willing to enforce the laws.  Yes, they are stretched thin, but that doesn’t mean they still shouldn’t do their job. 

If/when I get a call back, I’m also asking why there aren’t NO LITTERING signs posted in different languages.  I don’t know if that’s a town matter, but I’ll ask regardless.

Obviously college kids play a huge role down there as well, but it’s just common sense that it should be stated in various languages. Or is that too politically incorrect? :dismay:

1 hour ago, rbart said:

If/when I get a call back, I’m also asking why there aren’t NO LITTERING signs posted in different languages.  I don’t know if that’s a town matter, but I’ll ask regardless.

Obviously college kids play a huge role down there as well, but it’s just common sense that it should be stated in various languages. Or is that too politically incorrect? :dismay:

I see nothing wrong with that....... I was at Ft adams w family walking around. There were signs for fishing regs but only had scup and tautog listed and only in English.  Maybe they need to start thinking a little harder about signage and hitting their target audiences....

1 hour ago, rbart said:

Not politically incorrect.  A few years back they were handing out flyers with fishery regs in multiple languages.  As far as enforcement they hire a ton of temp park police each summer.