THe Long Island to NJ offshore wind farm

Rate this topic

jkrock

The Biden administration on Monday announced a new plan to dramatically scale up the use of offshore wind power that it said could create tens of thousands of new jobs while transitioning the country to clean energy.

The plan's goal is to generate 30 gigawatts of offshore energy by the end of the decade, which could power homes for 100 million people while reducing emissions by 78 million metric tons, an administration official said in briefing reporters.

As part of the target, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland said the department will set up the Wind Energy Areas for the New York Bight, an offshore area stretching from Long Island down the coast of New Jersey that includes nearly 800,000 acres for potential offshore wind farms.

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

8 mins ago, Surf bomber said:

Do not fear.....this Jersey if anyone can *** it up we can....is n j getting the electric or are they sellling it to the highest bidder .....don’t worry Joe,Murphy,and windmills ....what could go wrong....LOL LOL LOL 

They'll lease the parcels to the German's , so you have a fighting chance it won't get as ****ed up

Will the progs let us fish off the towers.

That is a whole lot of prime vertical structure and rip rap going in.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

4 mins ago, Billybob said:

I see the ones off block all the time, and now they are talking of putting them in LIS, I don't think they can stand on their own without the gov subsidies, and that scares me.

How many are off block island?  I gotta imagine there will be a hundred fold that many off NY to power that shithole city

Edited by jkrock

Just make the n y ,n j .conn. Area a bigger c h I t hole.....what jobs is joe talking about ...meaningful work for the area people,more partime work? or transplants from within the company that’s erecting them....hopefully joe can rehire the pipeline workers at their same payscale.....and the maintainance contracts ...I wonder who’s brother in law will head up that company...nah only kidding that would never happen ....lol lol lol ...a political contributor perhaps...LOL LOL LOL