mtl50

Fav Song

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

Easy!   Bill Withers - Lovely Day...............

The “ you “ in the song is anywhere I fish.  Ha Ha !

....as in “ Just  one look at you, and the world’s all right with me.......”

I'm pretty eclectic in my music.  I have 7500 songs on my IPod which is set on shuffle so I have no idea what I'll be listening to as I drive. The music could be classical, Zydeco, Blues, Country, Big Band, Bluegrass, Marches, Celtic,  rock from the 50's to the present... the list goes on.

A lot of times I start out with Flatts and Scruggs, "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" or Dirks Bentley's "Free and Easy(Down the road I go)"  or an occasional March. To settle myself down while I'm driving, I'll bring up the Allman's Brothers, "Mountain Jam"   When I get there usually some Celtic piece heavy on pipes, Bodhrán, fiddle and banjo.  Just to let the fish know we're coming.  Heading home where ever the IPod takes me.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 3/29/2021 at 5:53 PM, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Good tune. Never heard of them. Great retro sound. I thought this might be a 60s or early 70s tune until I wiki'ed The Record Company. The lead singer almost has a Greg Allman sound.

Edited by zak-striper

2 hours ago, zak-striper said:

Good tune. Never heard of them. Great retro sound. I thought this might be a 60s or early 70s tune until I wiki'ed The Record Company. The lead singer almost has a Greg Allman sound.

I was working a solar field a few years ago and the apprentice put this band on.

I listened to all their stuff. I like them a lot and go thru phases where I play them constantly. 

Cool band.

On 4/12/2021 at 1:03 PM, popperguy said:

Hey skunkoff and heavy hooksetter, I'm also a old school CT metalhead. Was in bands that never went anywhere mostly doing covers of maiden, king diamond, anthrax, megadeth, helloween, fates warning, yngwie etc. And some originals but singers could never cut it. Also this was late 90s to 2006 or so.

What bands where you guys in?  

Gonna throw names out see if you remember any of these local guys and bands. Some I still talk to, some a met a few times,I'm very interested and trying to track down all Connecticut metal bands from the 80's.

Indestructible noise command, Joined forces, Theater/ Jim Clark, ESP,  Leige lord, Mike Vescera/ obsesseion.

I honestly can't remember many local bands in CT.  Once I turned 18 I moved to Maine.  HH has a few years on me as well, lol.  I was 14 or 15 in '89.  Pretty much stuck with the bands I could buy albums of.  I actually got into metal from relatives buying tapes with "cool artwork" on them.  FW, Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth were some of the bands that popped the cherry, so to speak.  I was never in a local band.  Total hobby level for me.

Edit:  oops, my bad.  I was going off the pic of Low End, not HH.  Apologies to both...

Edited by Skunkoff

Probably one of the best contemporary artists in terms of diversity and talent.  This one gets me going while driving to the spot.

nu breed with jesse howard ...welcome to my house...if you havent heard it give it a listen try..also peyton parrish valhalla calling me or my mother told me...u may want to run through a wall with the peyton parrish ones so just becareful....lol...tight lines to all have a safe and good season

Edited by willcodfish

12 hours ago, big popper said:

kind of hard to pick 1 but this is up there

great tune right there....rip lemmy... miss that voice ..no one like him