mtl50

Fav Song

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2021 at 6:04 AM, Mainiac said:

Green Grass and High Tides by The Outlaws.

Oh yeah! Definitely in the top 5!!

I’m shocked no one said “John the fisherman” from primus.  I switch from that and Davidian from machine head.  I’m surprised and happy to see so many metal heads on this site.  There’s nothing worse then fishing and you can hear someone driving up on you from a distance blasting EDM.  I can’t understand listing to dance music unless maybe your dancing. 

6 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

Oh yeah, I remember back in school waiting for the doors to open and ripping butts.  There were a couple teachers that would be out there smoking too.  Ain't like it used to be.  Now all the kids are on meth and have to walk through metal detectors to get in.  But not for the righteous METAL!!

Schitty brown ditch weed and cheap beer was all back then.  

And also, Fates Warning is still one of my favorite bands!  Arch/Matheos brought me right back to old Fates!  Can't believe how good he still sounds after all these years and time he spent out of the loop!

I have FW's first disc of vinyl.

Never got into them much.

HH

Posted (edited) · Report post

I think I have all their albums.  I grew up in CT, so they're like my "hometown band".  But they were good competitors with Queensryche. 

Edited by Skunkoff

11 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

Yeah we tried recording ourselves in the basement on just a tape recorder.  We thought we were the chit in our own private circle. But nope lol.  Was fun though.  

I still buy all my music on CD.  Don't like the sound of compressed files.

Yeah compressed files don't sound true my preference is good old cassette tape, very high quality tape.

HH

On 3/31/2021 at 7:59 AM, Skunkoff said:

SRV is a legend!  Never saw him live and constantly kick myself in the ass for it.

Seen him open for Robert Plant at the Meadowlands. Incredible!

Hey skunkoff and heavy hooksetter, I'm also a old school CT metalhead. Was in bands that never went anywhere mostly doing covers of maiden, king diamond, anthrax, megadeth, helloween, fates warning, yngwie etc. And some originals but singers could never cut it. Also this was late 90s to 2006 or so.

What bands where you guys in?  

Gonna throw names out see if you remember any of these local guys and bands. Some I still talk to, some a met a few times,I'm very interested and trying to track down all Connecticut metal bands from the 80's.

Indestructible noise command, Joined forces, Theater/ Jim Clark, ESP,  Leige lord, Mike Vescera/ obsesseion.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 3/30/2021 at 0:27 PM, Heavy Hooksetter said:

To be honest with you I never ever heard of anybody I ever knew that had a spread that wide.

I like James Brown some BB King but I'm a metalhead 98%, hail King diamond and mercyful Fate! 

HH

Went 0 for 3 tonight, but it's all good...     BB King    Bb King Thrill Is Gone GIF by Soundfly - Find & Share on GIPHY

bb.png.bb051558d196f003b44bedaf09af1542.png

bb1.png.e65c8c6b1b4925643d56395ee1063d5b.png

Edited by Lou T

On 4/12/2021 at 1:03 PM, popperguy said:

Hey skunkoff and heavy hooksetter, I'm also a old school CT metalhead. Was in bands that never went anywhere mostly doing covers of maiden, king diamond, anthrax, megadeth, helloween, fates warning, yngwie etc. And some originals but singers could never cut it. Also this was late 90s to 2006 or so.

What bands where you guys in?  

Gonna throw names out see if you remember any of these local guys and bands. Some I still talk to, some a met a few times,I'm very interested and trying to track down all Connecticut metal bands from the 80's.

Indestructible noise command, Joined forces, Theater/ Jim Clark, ESP,  Leige lord, Mike Vescera/ obsesseion.

My stint in music was back from 83 to 94.

Did bass and guitar with a few local bands as well as some session studio stuff.

I played in a band called Dark Motive, Rancid death, Evil Angel and a few that didn't even get pay out. 

Almost all of our music was thrash until is very evil dark music which we called back then dark metal came to be and we made a couple of my friends skewed off with three other guys and we made this music that you now would call Black metal.

My weapon of choice for guitar was Ibanez RG series or what was also known as the roadstar 2, my amp is a Peavey VTM-120 full stack from Brian guitars.

My other guitar is a 77 Ibanez flying V, I gave it a set of double humbuckers from DiMarzio, added a splitter switch and that your car was the one I did most of my recording with and I split the live duty between both.

As for obsession and Mike Vescera,I met him a few times,he lived in Wallingford back then.

I remember he left them obsession and went and sang for loudness over in Japan.

Yeah I had a good set of pipes on him and he had that metal voice that pierced through everything.

INC,Leige Lord yes,I remember them well.

Sonick plague from wallingford,toxic shock from Groton,ct.,psycho from ct/mass 

Boy those were the good old days we had a blast living the metal life full of denim and leather hand-painted back patches of your favorite bands album covers, the coolest thing is that a lot of us didn't even drink beer or smoke any weed or nothing like that we were just pretty much straight edge and we remember everything we did we had the girls and all that that was f****** fabulous.

HH

Now and forever by dystopia. Which inevitably leads into the rest of the album as it’s the first track.