Early tog

Rate this topic

osprey47

On 4/15/2021 at 9:32 PM, L Train said:

I should have known better when there was no one fishing at the old railroad footings or as stone bridge. Wanted to run the boat and look to see if there were some cod in the near offshore waters  off SakonNet, as in prior springs, Fishing

D, I hope you have a great spring,

L

not sure how far you ran the boat or what kind of boat you have, but Tautog has been lights out between coxes and block island. I am talking multiple 7lb+ fish a trip, it was tough finding smaller keepers as to not keep the big females. We ended up getting a 10lb male, along with bigger females that we let go.

Edited by canalsharpie

Can confirm the bass are here and HUNGRY. The bite has been so good I haven't really thought about tog much haha. Planning to target them this weekend, though, which should be excellent. Will update.

Man I Love Fishing

1 hour ago, Sleve said:

Can confirm the bass are here and HUNGRY. The bite has been so good I haven't really thought about tog much haha. Planning to target them this weekend, though, which should be excellent. Will update.

Was at a brewery this past week and they had a can with the same pic as you have. any association?

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

28 mins ago, Kooky said:

Was at a brewery this past week and they had a can with the same pic as you have. any association?

Cool! No association; it's poster from the old surfing movie Endless Summer. I'll be on the lookout for this can, though—did you catch the brand?

Man I Love Fishing

1 hour ago, Sleve said:

Cool! No association; it's poster from the old surfing movie Endless Summer. I'll be on the lookout for this can, though—did you catch the brand?

Was Rejects Brewery in Middletown.  Some good beers.

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....

13 hours ago, foxfai said:

At a certain river location is packed today with everyone on a small rock pile. Fishes were caught.

Combat fishing ,  ticks, moss green fishing line and googans . Haha >_< 

A Wise Man Once said Preserve the old and Learn the New