Shipwreck

2021 PG Fishing Pictures Thread

Rate this topic

545 posts in this topic

44th trip of the year.  Won't post all the really good bass from Feb, but starting today...  4 lb 13 as well as a 2-2, and a 2-10.   Perfect weather.

Tight lines ya'll

4-13.jpg

Been steelheading all winter, fishing 2-4 days a week. Most challenging fishing I’ve ever experienced. But damn nice to be able to fish all winter. 91207124-9E46-408F-AE44-98A9FB8CEF53.jpeg.00f20ee3b56ba6c95efb150bb170c824.jpeg26625B51-D7D6-4C69-845E-A4DF5FB53B5D.jpeg.2eb1047e8fc4d8b396e151c44af949b9.jpeg

26 mins ago, JimP said:

Slow, what’s your set up?  Fly?

Yep, all on the fly. Running with a 9’ 8wt and switching between swinging with a single hand skagit line and nymphing with a floater. Nymphing has been more productive, but now that the bugs are hatching going to swing soft hackles for the last run of 5-10lb fish. Shad and stripers should start up here in the next month or so. 

sweet!!   I think I was so focused on that fish that I missed the reel.  That looks like a LOT of fun!! 

On 3/26/2021 at 4:26 PM, Shipwreck said:

Going out tomorrow for Shad and Walleyes.  Time to start the season.  Post up pix!  Post up stories!

One Rule:  No Politics.

**** the UN.

X2........................

15 mins ago, JimP said:

sweet!!   I think I was so focused on that fish that I missed the reel.  That looks like a LOT of fun!! 

It’s a blast, I’m amazed at how powerful steelhead are. Both of those fish got me into backing. I managed 8 fish so far this year, according to the locals that’s a hell of a first season at it. It’s really tough fishing in the American River. 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, ridenfish said:

We have to meet up.  I’m off for the next few weeks.  Might give Shad a shot tomorrow after I get done riding.  Sunday morning I’ll definitely be hitting the musky/walleye spots 

Ok you dont fish

Small musky (maybe 24”)  I saw on my ride today today in the canal. I saw Shad caught way far up the river. And saw a bigger musky in the 40” range but couldn’t get a pic to show it.
 Heading out tomorrow and hopefully posting a couple

pics. 

92001C13-6C1A-4E0F-B648-A541742C18C0.jpeg