BrianBM

How long can the Jets put off a QB decision?

Rate this topic

155 posts in this topic

If they get blown away by offers for that 2nd pic, he's on the roster for this year, and his 5th year option is $18M. With the salary cap dramatically increasing in the next two years, they can afford to go with Sam. If he craps out, the dead money will be absorbed with the increased cap space. 

It's not as if the Jets don't have lots of other needs to fill ....

OK, say the Jets keep Darnold and trade their #2 pick. What's a reasonable gain for a #2 in the first round? Everyone talks about pass rushers; but what else should they be able to get?

Posted (edited) · Report post

My bet is still Sewell with #2 than trade down from 23.

Was watching a Jets show on SNY and supposedly Joe Douglas had promised Darnolds mother that he'd build a line to protect her son, something he didn't do last year. Interesting since Douglas is a former offensive lineman.

Are there any decent centers available in the draft ? McGovern certainly isn't working out very well (a 42 grade with 33 pressures allowed)

Edited by Sudsy

I'm not convinced they will trade down from #2. Instead if they get improbable offers they'll use them to bolster the OL.

10 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Are there any decent centers available in the draft ? McGovern certainly isn't working out very well (a 42 grade with 33 pressures allowed)

Landon Dickerson, Alabama

"The 6-foot-6, 325-pound lineman literally picked up his coach and carried him like a trophy down part of the field."

Coming off a knee injury.  :shrug:

i don't understand how anyone can be a Jets fan. you have two actual NFL teams in the state that you can root for...? it doesn't make any sense. 

2 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

i don't understand how anyone can be a Jets fan. you have two actual NFL teams in the state that you can root for...? it doesn't make any sense. 

I've often wondered that myself