Richard_the_Aughth

Is trout season happening this year?

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I generally do not trout fish, but my 8yr son is getting into fishing so we are bunking school and work and going fishing!!! :howdy:

Edited by Kooky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fortunate ..... I have a trout stocked pond 100 feet from my property.

I just look out my kitchen window and see how many cars are in the parking lot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capt.Castafly said:

I'm fortunate ..... I have a trout stocked pond 100 feet from my property.

I just look out my kitchen window and see how many cars are in the parking lot.

 

That’s where I will be! :howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kooky said:

I generally do not trout fish, but my 8yr son is getting into fishing so we are bunking school and work and going fishing!!! :howdy:

That sounds awesome.  Skipping school is very underrated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, quack said:

That sounds awesome.  Skipping school is very underrated

I think missing school now is the norm with the pandemic.

Nothing new!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to go to 3 different small rivers to find a place they actually stocked  :worms:         
         *One and done!    On to fresh schoolies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent bite this morning.  Done by 830.  Bunch of stockies and 3 rather small 12 inch or so salmon which was a first for me in RI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DZ said:

Decent bite this morning.  Done by 830.  Bunch of stockies and 3 rather small 12 inch or so salmon which was a first for me in RI. 

I talked to a dem guy when he stopped by the lake I was at and I guess they stocked those since they had extra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Capt.Castafly said:

I'm fortunate ..... I have a trout stocked pond 100 feet from my property.

I just look out my kitchen window and see how many cars are in the parking lot.

 

There were some Golden Trout hanging around there for a while last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 mins ago, UPSmanMatt said:

There were some Golden Trout hanging around there for a while last year. 

Yes! ..... but two years ago they stocked about 30 in the pond during normal opening day.

If you remember last year, no one knew the start of trout season with the virus being around.

They actually had the pond stocked, but the parking areas were closed, even across the school yard.

I had the whole pond to myself most of the time. I would let friends park in my driveway, short walk.

 

Edited by Capt.Castafly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.