Jim DE

Well in one more month I will no longer be a Florida Tourist

Rate this topic

85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

20 hours ago, Jim DE said:

I Nope it’s just in the Villages the have 160,000 homes which magnifies the occurrences. 

Are there 70 year old people trying to be 20 year olds? Yup, but they are the exception and far from the rule. I also see them on the boardwalks on ocean ave in the SFZ nearly every morning I walk off the beaches too! Now if you had 160,000 homes in the SFZ  with 55 and older in them I am sure the same would be said for the SFZ.

Actually its not that bad, there is only 60K homes, with 80K residents.

And Hope you like this idiot governor, he spends a lot of time up there trying to get votes as he prepares for his run for president.

But it appears to be a nice place to live.  Lots of activity to spend your time on if your into that kind of stuff.  My aunt and uncle lived up there.  they played golf several times per week, play cards most nights, bowling several times per week, always something going on. 

Edited by towpro

10 hours ago, gman1253 said:

Yep, crazies, people that can't drive (or forgot how to) & the most ads from lawyers in the world... (;-)

Morgan and Morgan

the best are the local businesses and their commercials, they use their own family as spokesman. 

traffic signals and signs are only suggestions .

Be very careful at red lights, you will have 2-3 vehicles go thru that red light. 

32 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Morgan and Morgan

the best are the local businesses and their commercials, they use their own family as spokesman. 

traffic signals and signs are only suggestions .

Be very careful at red lights, you will have 2-3 vehicles go thru that red light. 

and forget 4 way stops.... no one has any idea what the rules are. They just stare at each other!

standoff.gif

the best time of year is coming soon.  The departure of the snow birds.  You will actually notice less traffic on the roads, A lot less.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 3/25/2021 at 1:16 PM, towpro said:

Actually its not that bad, there is only 60K homes, with 80K residents.

And Hope you like this idiot governor, he spends a lot of time up there trying to get votes as he prepares for his run for president.

But it appears to be a nice place to live.  Lots of activity to spend your time on if your into that kind of stuff.  My aunt and uncle lived up there.  they played golf several times per week, play cards most nights, bowling several times per week, always something going on. 

Idiot Governor? I suppose you wanted the guy that was already under FBI investigation to be elected. This is just the kind of people that bring down that kind of thinking from up north,  And The Villages has the highest sexual disease rate in the country..... 

Edited by acesover
add

On 3/25/2021 at 6:06 AM, gman1253 said:

Yep, crazies, people that can't drive (or forgot how to) & the most ads from lawyers in the world... (;-)

Got an old bumper sticker " I survived Route 19 "   text messaging while driving is not as bad as the drinking & driving folks  

11 hours ago, Hook I said:

Got an old bumper sticker " I survived Route 19 "   text messaging while driving is not as bad as the drinking & driving folks  

I will say that the ratio of texting and driving in Fl , dui comes in a distant second to dui.

Keep your head on a swivel and drive like the other person is looking down at their phone!

So what flags are you going to fly off of the golf cart? I heard it was a thing!

The daily  Cape Coral news is kids at bus stop 30' from road getting run over, 8-10 cars /trucks a day drive into houses or bldgs.. Wrong way driver, s, A Lee county police report of more people run over are walking facing traffic? No one ever stops after an accident. No one ever see's anything! Many times as a point of humor they a persons driving thru a bank outside window and ordering food.

It Should be noted if you see red reflectors in the road and you are driving at them, YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY!

Fl has some of the best maintained and marked roads its the unlicensed and uninsured drivers you have to worry about.

13 mins ago, RAW said:

The daily  Cape Coral news is kids at bus stop 30' from road getting run over, 8-10 cars /trucks a day drive into houses or bldgs.. Wrong way driver, s, A Lee county police report of more people run over are walking facing traffic? No one ever stops after an accident. No one ever see's anything! Many times as a point of humor they a persons driving thru a bank outside window and ordering food.

Doesn't sound much different than NJ

5 hours ago, CapeDave said:

I will say that the ratio of texting and driving in Fl , dui comes in a distant second to dui.

Keep your head on a swivel and drive like the other person is looking down at their phone!

So what flags are you going to fly off of the golf cart? I heard it was a thing!

About three Easter Sundays ago we were heading to New Port Richey = North bound blue skies , Sunny no wind 9am . There were 4 roll overs by the time we got to Trinity.

I only fly “ole  glory “ off the Corvette 

Hit and runs here are a weekly item. Individuals walking, riding bikes or other vehicles. Talking to a person at a DRs office and they tell you it’s DUIs that’s the reason for running. A driver will look right at you while your on a bike and cut you off. 

Accidents on the roads are so bad we get fatalities all the time. Speed is the biggest problem. 

If you’re doing 70 on RT75, consider yourself standing still.

I’ve seen so many people curb surf, they text and run up on the curbs.

If you don’t get at least once a day almost run off you’ve had a good day. 

Jim, when you go to redo your vehicle registration to Florida keep in mind they charge a new origination fee. So you won’t just be paying the standard registration fee but also that added fee the first time. 

Expect to pay more for vehicle ins. Ours didn’t go up much but enough to see a difference. 

Any of the vehicles under your name come due on your birth month, the same goes for your spouse, it would be on their birth month. This includes trailers. 

4 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

Jim, when you go to redo your vehicle registration to Florida keep in mind they charge a new origination fee. So you won’t just be paying the standard registration fee but also that added fee the first time. 

Expect to pay more for vehicle ins. Ours didn’t go up much but enough to see a difference. 

Any of the vehicles under your name come due on your birth month, the same goes for your spouse, it would be on their birth month. This includes trailers. 

Cost over $800 to transfer two CT registrations to Florida Reg. Still worth it, no more CT personal property taxes on the vehicles. Also the DMV offices are actually a pleasure.