Old photo, my dad and I

Rate this topic

bob_G

Montville. If you knew the area it was called " The Curtis Place". That reference is probably 50 years old at least. The old boy came out of  some "Christmas Trees" and looked right at me. As soon as he looked away I was able to bring up the "308" and that was it . My wife always told me you can put a mount on the wall if it is as big as Dad's. No contest. "James Michael" hangs on the wall today.:p

1 hour ago, K Foley said:

Montville. If you knew the area it was called " The Curtis Place". That reference is probably 50 years old at least. The old boy came out of  some "Christmas Trees" and looked right at me. As soon as he looked away I was able to bring up the "308" and that was it . My wife always told me you can put a mount on the wall if it is as big as Dad's. No contest. "James Michael" hangs on the wall today.:p

Lol, yup, know where Montville is.

34 mins ago, Hook I said:

Me too ,if i could remember them :shaky: 

Not a hunter, I would say. Like not wanting to get a big fish on the line. With hunting the bad part in there is no catch and release. If you can't handle that then don't hunt. Not too many people let the "Big One"go by after spending a lifetime trying to harvest one. By the way my big deer tasted very well for a few people for a season of enjoying some fine venison :p

2 mins ago, K Foley said:

Not a hunter, I would say. Like not wanting to get a big fish on the line. With hunting the bad part in there is no catch and release. If you can't handle that then don't hunt. Not too many people let the "Big One"go by after spending a lifetime trying to harvest one. By the way my big deer tasted very well for a few people for a season of enjoying some fine venison :p

2 12 pointers roam my property  I don't shoot large old Bucks they are breeders , much rather kill the young spikes for eating , I don't get a doe tag ,but I can if I wanted to , A mature Striped Bass can produce millions of eggs , take a pic let it go , thats me , but what other people do I have no control of .   Just curious   Why did you quote post ?   

If it has fins i want to catch it 

Something that strikes me about Bob's pictures is the comments they elicit. A lot of people know this guy, or that guy, or ... someone or other. It's a comment on how close the community ties are within the CCC / Massachusetts hunting and angling community.

39 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Something that strikes me about Bob's pictures is the comments they elicit. A lot of people know this guy, or that guy, or ... someone or other. It's a comment on how close the community ties are within the CCC / Massachusetts hunting and angling community.

You got that right, the stories I have heard or seen about some well know individuals..........................