HopHead

Dogs of peace

Rate this topic

261 posts in this topic

....been too long since we discussed that it's not the breed it's the owner......also does registering them make them any less likely to rip a 3 year old's scalp off?

https://nypost.com/2021/03/17/dogs-that-mauled-nj-boy-to-death-were-neighbors-pit-bulls/

The two dogs that mauled a 3-year-old New Jersey boy to death and seriously injured his mother were their neighbor’s unregistered pit bulls — which snuck into their backyard, according to reports Wednesday.

The animals somehow got past a fence and into the yard of an adjacent home in Carteret, where the toddler and his mom were playing around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, WABC reported.

The boy was airlifted to a hospital, where he died. His mother remained hospitalized Wednesday with serious injuries.

Shocking aerial footage from NBC4 showed first responders performing chest compressions on the tot as he was being taken to a helicopter on a gurney.

Authorities have not released the names of the victims.

fatal-dog-attack-19

Logan (black) and Rocky (brown)

Just now, HopHead said:

Incredible strength just too dangerous in most family/public settings IMO.

Id venture to guess there are more pitbull as pets than any other dog breed

5 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Id venture to guess there are more pitbull as pets than any other dog breed

I know a bunch of people that have them as pets and they are awesome dogs. My buddy has a cat and a pit and the cat owns it. 

Carteret NJ, I'm sure these pits were trained fighting dogs that got out from some scumbags yard.

2 mins ago, ridenfish said:

I know a bunch of people that have them as pets and they are awesome dogs. My buddy has a cat and a pit and the cat owns it. 

Carteret NJ, I'm sure these pits were trained fighting dogs that got out from some scumbags yard.

of course it isn't 100%, nothing is, but its the breed. it isn't even arguable anymore. 

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

of course it isn't 100%, nothing is, but its the breed. it isn't even arguable anymore. 

It’s a breed that has characteristics that scumbags who train dogs to fight want. 

Blaming the breed is kind of like blaming the gun for committing the crime. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

why are scumbags so attracted to that specific breed?

a gun isn't a living thing, don't be dumb. 

I know a couple of poor kids that graduated high school  ergo there isnt a dropout issue among poor kids. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

my pops had 2, one passed early from a blood disease the other was 10 when my Dad passed, and my niece has it now. both were/are sweethearts like any other well cared for dog

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

why are scumbags so attracted to that specific breed?

a gun isn't a living thing, don't be dumb. 

I know a couple of poor kids that graduated high school  ergo there isnt a dropout issue among poor kids. 

because they are small/mid size dogs (30-50lbs) except for the freaks they breed today.  good for apartments and a good protection dog for their smallish size

this was my Pops first one

IMG_8053 (2).JPG

Edited by Sandflee

breeds don't have characteristics, apparently. 

they aren't all bad, obviously, and make great dogs for their owners, that said, they are predisposed for violence. hence the love from colored people. its why they make good protection dogs, it is what it is...to deny it is to be intentionally dishonest out of emotions. :shrug:

9 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

breeds don't have characteristics, apparently. 

they aren't all bad, obviously, and make great dogs for their owners, that said, they are predisposed for violence. hence the love from colored people. its why they make good protection dogs, it is what it is...to deny it is to be intentionally dishonest out of emotions. :shrug:

they are actually predisposed for violence against other pitbulls/dogs, so are Akitas, Japanese Tosa, Charpais, Presa Canarios... pits are still just crossbreeds between the American bulldog and a bull terrier

if they were easily trained to attack people, Law enforcement we be using them 24/7

Edited by Sandflee