RyanPost

Any migratory fish yet?

Rate this topic

169 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2021 at 0:55 PM, DeepBlue85 said:

It's also surprising how many fish show up on open beaches earlier than most would give the season credit for.  Lots of rules these days dictate when where and how people spend their time targeting early season bass but the fact is certain open beaches can and have been incredibly productive from early april, depending on temperatures...probably worth a better shot and you'll avoid the crowds.

One year I took a 20# bass on the open beach in mid-April. Fish took a Tattoo sea dog on the backside of the first wave (it’s funny how some fish just stick in your brain :-)  We’re all guilty of following widely accepted “rules” when it comes to fishing. But fish don’t always follow rules & they certainly don’t carry calendars ;-). 

12 mins ago, Tucker 63 said:

I been trying past few days on western NS and no luck yet. 

From the kayak or from the shore?

I went down to RM this morning, tried both sides...nothing.  Went up to SM this evening, tried both sides...nothing.  A few birds diving, lots of water.  That's about it

3 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Got 5 bass yesterday in the western sound on buck-tails and jigs. Nothing over 24”.

Lots of bunker, big fish can’t be far behind.

It feels great to be out after hospital.

Big Bass in Raritan Bay. Migratory fish are now showing up. Kicking it up a notch into the next gear. Just a matter of time for you guys in the NY area.