RyanPost

Any migratory fish yet?

Rate this topic

233 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2021 at 10:35 AM, C.Robin said:

You can get away with the typical 30-50lbs mono most people use for bass as long as you’re using decent sized plugs/jigs. Blues bite from behind and they bite short, I don’t think I’ve ever had one cut me off while using a tin. Bait is a different story, in which I’d use wire if specifically targeting blues.

I also run my “less coveted” lures when blues are in the water. Because they have a tendacy to annihilate them. 

Nice session with the blues this morning, and went back for more this evening.  They were into the sp minnow.  Not much interest in the diamond jig, bucktail, or hopkins.  Felt good to finally get some fish

Really feeling the growing pains of surfcasting this Spring. I’ve been skunked for three weeks straight. 

Had another morning of great conditions. Back bay, wind in my face, outgoing tide, bait in the area. I don’t know. 

Any advice on turning these failures into opportunities? Just want to clarify that I’m NOT looking for easy information. 

46 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Y’all talk to much 

What would you like to talk about on this fishing web site? Needle point perhaps?

Yep, first sign of blues creates an impenetrable wall of scumbags that lines each inlet. Back to the backbays for me lol.

19 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Y’all talk to much 

I dont think so; everyone knows fish in the spring & fall and fish at night. No one is giving directions to the rock on the left side of the bridge at midnight on the 3rd day of the 7th full moon at low tide.

i like seeing what people are doing. Usually lets me know how much i’m screwing up when i’m not catching.

Posted (edited)

39 mins ago, C.Robin said:

Yep, first sign of blues creates an impenetrable wall of scumbags that lines each inlet. Back to the backbays for me lol.

Albie fever too

Edited by GarbageFish

21 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Gators are in! This one was 36” had 5, 12 lbs and up.

DBB6E437-F48B-4C7C-ABC4-CA6AEC1D3872.jpeg

Most of us know that slab your on.  Yea you talk to much. It’s a fishing website not reports website. Go post on Instagram get what your looking for. 

3 hours ago, hydraman said:

Most of us know that slab your on.  Yea you talk to much. It’s a fishing website not reports website. Go post on Instagram get what your looking for. 

Don’t have an Instagram or FB account. Don’t own a GoPro. Not looking to find anything, Maybe you are bye looking here.
If you think 1000’s of people come here to run to your personal spot your sadly mistaken. Every spot gets over run when the fish show up.Guess they should ban cell phones too.

I might talk to much for you and others,  take your secrets to the grave, you will still be all alone.
Last I checked, spots were not allowed but reports are. Never seen either one of you two where I fish. Just sharing my experience as of date.
THIS IS A FiSHING WEBSITE! YES? Topic is Any migratory fish yet! If you don’t want to contribute in a positive way then don’t look here and join the the grumpy old man’s website.

6 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Why do you think this happens? Because 90% of fisherman don’t know how to catch a bass before the blues show up. 
BTW, you might have burned your own spot just now. You talked too much.

Scumbags is a bit out of line.