bassturds

Chu 2021

Rate this topic

319 posts in this topic

So I make a rare Saturday appearance at the Resy....this time w/ a #1 Deadly Dick.  You guessed it, rat laker.

Looks like the larger Lakers have headed to greener pastures, well out of range of shore casters?

To my right was a guy fishing 3 poles, & to my left a guy actually wading out to make casts.  I guess that's how desperate some *weekend* anglers are getting?

Couldnt believe all the guys out fishing yesterday. Saw ppl where i never see them in the fall. Mustve been the combo of a Sunday, good weather, and mostly much colder weather coming up except for Turkey Day. 

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

Couldnt believe all the guys out fishing yesterday. Saw ppl where i never see them in the fall. Mustve been the combo of a Sunday, good weather, and mostly much colder weather coming up except for Turkey Day. 

Yeah, Sunday was very busy.  I was out from 6am until about 2pm when I threw in the towel.  Tried 4 different gates and could only manage a couple of 3lb Smallies.  I did see quite a few lakers caught by guys using Shiners though.

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

And lets not forget, no Partiots game!

3 days in a row for me, 2 rat lakers (& a pickerel)....got skunked yesterday w/ lighter rod.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I fished the last couple of hours of daylight on Sunday. I went to a spot where I could avoid the worse of the crowds. The few guys that were around my area caught small lakers and a rainbow. Someone in my area allegedly caught a salmon, which is good news, they're falling back into the rez after the spawn. Hopefully the salmon bite picks up as the week progresses.

I got one rat laker, I lost a 2nd fish half way in before I could see any colors. I also had a few more hits. Nothing on bait however, everything was on lures.

I'll be up there just about everyday between now and closing Tuesday.

20211121_160411.jpg.4bbde2ee48c202877bdfa0cb19a09a86.jpg

Edited by zak-striper

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

And lets not forget, no Partiots game!

3 days in a row for me, 2 rat lakers (& a pickerel)....got skunked yesterday w/ lighter rod.

Good point, didn't think of that. 

30 mins ago, golden said:

Smallies have been very hungry.  Here's a few from my last outing.  Love this time of year.

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

Beautiful smallies.

2 hours ago, golden said:

Smallies have been very hungry.  Here's a few from my last outing.  Love this time of year.

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

Got a haircut?

Nice fish Buddy

3 hours ago, WorcBoy said:

Got a haircut?

Nice fish Buddy

Yessir!  #4.  I had these three fish in a 30 min span.  Gotta hit it again soon - water's getting cold, big rainbows soon.

11 mins ago, golden said:

Yessir!  #4.  I had these three fish in a 30 min span.  Gotta hit it again soon - water's getting cold, big rainbows soon.

only 7 more days to go!!!

I swung by for the last couple hours of daylight today. Got there right before the pike traffic got out of control.

I caught the rainbow on a shiner under a slip bobber about 3'-4' down.  I got my 1st post spawn salmon a little after sunset on the spoon. Other salmon were rising in the area so it looks like more & more post spawn fish have fallen back into the rez.

619ee2b64ad77_20211124_154425(1).jpg.bac3b3032b548cc19699e87b39128a8f.jpg

619ee2aa1512c_20211124_163723(1).jpg.1076f28ee39c614be3c477f72ec2187b.jpg

Edited by zak-striper

28 mins ago, zak-striper said:

I swung by for the last couple hours of daylight today. Got there right before the pike traffic got out of control.

I caught the rainbow on a shiner under a slip bobber about 3'-4' down.  I got the salmon a little after sunset on the spoon. Other salmon were rising in the area so it looks like more & more post spawn fish have fallen back into the rez.

619ee2b64ad77_20211124_154425(1).jpg.bac3b3032b548cc19699e87b39128a8f.jpg

619ee2aa1512c_20211124_163723(1).jpg.1076f28ee39c614be3c477f72ec2187b.jpg

Which fought harder?

51 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Which fought harder?

Salmon. They're hungry. They've been making babies for the last month. :)

This salmon gave me a nice aerial. It came straight in so you think it's off the line but then you have to reel in real quick to get tension back. It rolled on top a couple of times and it went side to side. Typically salmon retrieve.  :)

@Mokes, you  been catching salmon up there or in the rivers?

Edited by zak-striper