bassturds

Chu 2021

Rate this topic

261 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, WorcBoy said:

Then why a flip comment about ticks? 

don't know.......just a poor atempt at a little levity....

back in 2009 my heart rate went down to 28 BPM.....

was rushed to the hospital and immediately had a

temp pacemaker put in. 3 days later it was deemed

i didn't need it anymore. took it out..

was tested positive for Lyme.

they found the tic on my neck behind my left ear.

Found this guy floating near shore Sunday. DCR ranger said the resy is loaded with smelt. They are worried about them clogging the outflow screens again like they did in the past when they ended up poisoning the smelt streams as a solution. He says they are working on other ways to solve this issue this time around. Hope so.20210411_103524.jpg.9684ab2484d5c27b70bb0a19e7738186.jpg

13 mins ago, sandbars said:

Would never be an issue with the screens they are no longer done by hand.

Interesting. The ranger said they were going to try some type of electromagnetic pulse gizmo attached to the screens with the hope it would deter the smelt from congregating near them. 

4 hours ago, unskunk said:

don't know.......just a poor atempt at a little levity....

back in 2009 my heart rate went down to 28 BPM.....

was rushed to the hospital and immediately had a

temp pacemaker put in. 3 days later it was deemed

i didn't need it anymore. took it out..

was tested positive for Lyme.

they found the tic on my neck behind my left ear.

Dude that suck. My apologies.

Here is my 12 yo son's story. I took him of rt 110 one June day. Couple weeks later he had a fever and aches. Wife took him to the doctor. No ticks not marks no bullseye. NOTHING. Deemed a summer cold...Fever went away but not himself most of the summer. School comes grades drop, take him to doctor, diagnosed with ADHD. Still tired. November his knee cap pops out. I take him to ortho doc after MRI. doc is scrolling through and stops at the swollen lymph node behind his knee. Has me bring him down for blood work right then. Mind you it's a Friday afternoon. Wife is thinking worst case scenario. Pediatrician calls us 8am Monday morning. Dx was Lyme Disease. 

My cousin Crag Lodowski ran the hatchery down the cape. Lyme disease got him. 

4 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Dude that suck. My apologies.

Here is my 12 yo son's story. I took him of rt 110 one June day. Couple weeks later he had a fever and aches. Wife took him to the doctor. No ticks not marks no bullseye. NOTHING. Deemed a summer cold...Fever went away but not himself most of the summer. School comes grades drop, take him to doctor, diagnosed with ADHD. Still tired. November his knee cap pops out. I take him to ortho doc after MRI. doc is scrolling through and stops at the swollen lymph node behind his knee. Has me bring him down for blood work right then. Mind you it's a Friday afternoon. Wife is thinking worst case scenario. Pediatrician calls us 8am Monday morning. Dx was Lyme Disease. 

My cousin Crag Lodowski ran the hatchery down the cape. Lyme disease got him. 

I didn't know Craig was your cousin?

Posted (edited) · Report post

when I got sent to the hospital the MD had me checked for Lyme right away.......

His first impression was correct......

They took the pacemaker out (didnt need it anymore)    put a stent in.....This was all after a week of IVs in the Cardio IC unit.....

BP,  every thing else is normal ever since............

TICS ARE NASTY !!!

Edited by unskunk

Just now, bob_G said:

I didn't know Craig was your cousin?

Yes sir. 

You would never know. The "SKI" boys are all 6ft 4 and up. I got the Irish recessive short gene lol. Colin and I would stop to see him every time we hit the cape. 

8 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Yes sir. 

You would never know. The "SKI" boys are all 6ft 4 and up. I got the Irish recessive short gene lol. Colin and I would stop to see him every time we hit the cape. 

Craig said something to me once, and I didn't know what he meant at the time?

He said "you can pick your friends, but not your relatives".  :laugh:

32 mins ago, Colrain said:

Interesting. The ranger said they were going to try some type of electromagnetic pulse gizmo attached to the screens with the hope it would deter the smelt from congregating near them. 

I think the white perch out in front would be enough to deter them. There is a huge population of white perch that hang around right there.

12 mins ago, bob_G said:

Craig said something to me once, and I didn't know what he meant at the time?

He said "you can pick your friends, but not your relatives".  :laugh:

Funny very Funny. 

I was and still known by them as "little Billy".......ya  know I could pick him out a mile away at the canal. Tall lanky curly hair riding his bike. I hated standing/fishing  next to him or his brothers.

2 hours ago, Colrain said:

Found this guy floating near shore Sunday. DCR ranger said the resy is loaded with smelt. They are worried about them clogging the outflow screens again like they did in the past when they ended up poisoning the smelt streams as a solution. He says they are working on other ways to solve this issue this time around. Hope so.20210411_103524.jpg.9684ab2484d5c27b70bb0a19e7738186.jpg

I have seen several smelt washed up on shore this year....almost wish I brought a bait rod with me.    I first thought they were brought in by fishermen.

The ranger I talked to said there were a lot of baitfish in the resy.

I haven't seen or heard of a rat laker yet....they have all been bruits with full bellies.   Must have been feeding all winter long!

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 mins ago, bb1 said:

I have seen several smelt washed up on shore this year....almost wish I brought a bait rod with me.    I first thought they were brought in by fishermen.

The ranger I talked to said there were a lot of baitfish in the resy.

I haven't seen or heard of a rat laker yet....they have all been bruits with full bellies.   Must have been feeding all winter long!

Makes me wonder if big browns will return to the Chu like in the 60s and 70s?

Edited by bob_G