The Riddler

Shipping Wars....who was the fastest?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Put in 12 orders. Everything from Black Hole Blanks from Jig and Pop, Rod Building Supplies from Mudhole, Reels from Tackle Direct, More United Composites Blanks From Charkbait, and several more orders from flea bay.

 

  The winner was Jig N Pop. Sending a 7' rod in two buisness days.  Most of the others saw no action on processing the order for 2-5 days. The worst was Mudhole.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mudhole has always been painfully slow.  Jignpop I've had good luck with, but Northern Jersey to southern New England isn't that far.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, ne_dan said:

Mudhole has always been painfully slow.  Jignpop I've had good luck with, but Northern Jersey to southern New England isn't that far.  

Yes agree on the distance. New York to Boston is no sweat. What I see on the delayed orders was lack of processing. Then there was get a tracking number and it sat for 4 week days before it was actually scanned. Then add 4-5 days delivery on top. That was Mudhole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Yes agree on the distance. New York to Boston is no sweat. What I see on the delayed orders was lack of processing. Then there was get a tracking number and it sat for 4 week days before it was actually scanned. Then add 4-5 days delivery on top. That was Mudhole. 

I've had the same thing with mudhole,  get a alert that a shipping label has been created then nothing for at least a week.  Then it finally ships snail mail.  They know they're pretty much the only game in town and use it to their advantage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, ne_dan said:

And for the love of God change your picture before I have a seizure

Love that pic. I just found it in the files. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me all below usually get to me within 2 days. (Funny thing is J&H is about 25 minutes from my house but are sloww even with picking up.)

 

-TackleDirect now that the whole move thing is over. 

-TomosTackle

-TheSaltWaterEdge

-TheMightyFish

-FishermansWorld 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ne_dan said:

I've had the same thing with mudhole,  get a alert that a shipping label has been created then nothing for at least a week.  Then it finally ships snail mail.  They know they're pretty much the only game in town and use it to their advantage

I have been boycotting Mudhole for almost ten years.  There's plenty of stuff to choose from elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered 2 rods from Saltwater Edge, both 7' 6" and they were here the next day for $12.99 shipping.  Can't even drive to RI for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salt water edge and Bears den both process it and get it out the same day as long as it’s before 3 or something like that. I live near SWE so never experienced their phenomenal shipping but Bears Den always surprises me just how fast stuff shows up. Granted they are only a hour drive from me but usually here the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave up on Mudhole, slow and incomplete orders. Nothing worse than getting your package and finding one of your guides was out of stock. Most times I have extra in stock. Also wasn’t happy when they wouldn’t continue my Merrick account after they bought them out because I wasn’t a brick and mortar shop.

Tried some other suppliers and it was pretty much the same deal.

Shop local most the time which is a 15 minute drive and get what I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jayfish said:

Salt water edge . Usually arrives in 2 days 

I usually have mine from them the next morning... But they are only 15min away haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.