manasquan inlet weakfish

Rate this topic

jetty eddy

They make a slight showing in BB as bycatch while blowfishing 

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion 

The inlet was the first place I caught them. the 90s were good. Old pros said the 80s were better. I'll say the average during my hey day was 3lbs no spikes.. Most guys were using lead heads with rubber worms which were productive. A live snapper was the best. I'm sure many people have done it but I'm the only one I ever saw catch a bass on a snapper at the end of the squan side. One year in the fall (I witnessed it) at the beginning of the rail (at night) guys were catching loads of 3-5lbers. What happened!

15 mins ago, jetty eddy said:

The inlet was the first place I caught them. the 90s were good. Old pros said the 80s were better. I'll say the average during my hey day was 3lbs no spikes.. Most guys were using lead heads with rubber worms which were productive. A live snapper was the best. I'm sure many people have done it but I'm the only one I ever saw catch a bass on a snapper at the end of the squan side. One year in the fall (I witnessed it) at the beginning of the rail (at night) guys were catching loads of 3-5lbers. What happened!

Netters going into Delaware bay before the big girls spawned and wiped them out.....for pet food.  To me there was no more beautiful a fish or special than a double digit Weakie.

I remember fishing the jetties in AC in the summer and having triple digit nights with fish from 1-5 lbs. I even remember slaying them in early November. 

And every once in a while a big resident bass would eat your jig on your light rod and you'd be in for a battle.  I got a 45" bass on a real light rod on August night when the water was over 75 degrees, and it wasn't the only bass I got that night.  It didn't survive so in the cooler it went.  Fishing isn't nearly what it was back then. 

1 hour ago, ridenfish said:

Netters going into Delaware bay before the big girls spawned and wiped them out.....for pet food.  To me there was no more beautiful a fish or special than a double digit Weakie.

I remember fishing the jetties in AC in the summer and having triple digit nights with fish from 1-5 lbs. I even remember slaying them in early November. 

And every once in a while a big resident bass would eat your jig on your light rod and you'd be in for a battle.  I got a 45" bass on a real light rod on August night when the water was over 75 degrees, and it wasn't the only bass I got that night.  It didn't survive so in the cooler it went.  Fishing isn't nearly what it was back then. 

It’s a shame but the fishing is definitely not what it was.  When you bring up commercial fishing people always say Recs take more.  What they don’t realize is that the decimation by commercial fishing has been going on for decades.

When we look back on our lives, our most precious commodity will have been time. Time shared with the ones we love. Don't wait for time to be convenient, find the time, make the time, for this is what you will cherish most.