unskunk

Salem Willows Pier

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

I was going to ask if Sam and Joes is still there on the Danvers River. I googled it and it is ! Used to fish right below there...

Just now, bdowning said:

I was going to ask if Sam and Joes is still there on the Danvers River. I googled it and it is ! Used to fish right below there...

Great pizza. Monday night buy 2 get a free cheese pizza.

Yes, memories from almost 30 years ago, as I moved out of the area in '92. Good to hear they're still around. 

This a case for your local representative to get involved with refurbishing this long time recreational used fishing pier before it does drop into the ocean , Get a petition drive going through the local local bait and tackle shop . Peace and Prayers

47 mins ago, north-shore fisha said:

When I was a lad there used to be kid sized amusement rides on the hill.  A roller coaster, tilt a whirl, and I think flying helicopters.  

DBE6F195-696B-4355-A8DA-513B04E5F2C8.jpeg

Back in the 70s, I worked both the Whip and the Dodgems.....

I know from first hand experience it was the increased cost of liability insurance that killed all of the rides there.........

You don't remember the live steam train ride?  I believe Ted Cole (music store downtown)

owned it.........

Read fund picnic.........free everything for kids that went to the Salem public schools.....

9 mins ago, unskunk said:

Back in the 70s, I worked both the Whip and the Dodgems.....

I know from first hand experience it was the increased cost of liability insurance that killed all of the rides there.........

You don't remember the live steam train ride?  I believe Ted Cole (music store downtown)

owned it.........

Read fund picnic.........free everything for kids that went to the Salem public schools.....

Born in ‘72 so my memories of what was there back then are a little fuzzy.  Got any pics?