squidder 329

Iphone Battery Replacement

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

We have two 6S Phones  both in Otter cases since new. The phones are more than adequate for our needs as we use them as phones and for picture taking. The battery health percentage on mine is 83% but with taking 5 photo's and texting them went down to 60% making me question it's reliability. I've been told replacing the battery may not be worthwhile as the new operating systems are real battery drainers. We would like to keep them but if it doesn't make sense it doesn't make sense. (purchased from comcast/xfinity)

I know there is a case that you can use that contains a separate battery, maybe worth a try?

1 min ago, Cabo2005 said:

Had mine replaced at Staples.  That was before this mess we are in but it was quick and cheap.

Cabo

Did it make a significant difference and do they use an apple battery if you know. TY

2 hours ago, squidder 329 said:

Did it make a significant difference and do they use an apple battery if you know. TY

Apple doesn’t use an Apple battery, you’ll be fine. 

Had the battery on my old SE replaced in december. Under $40.00 I believe. All good now. 

5 hours ago, squidder 329 said:

No idea who made the battery, but mine still works and I have the same phone.

Cabo

An update, I called Staples to setup an appointment to replace battery and I was informed they no longer change batteries. I searched and found out Best Buy Geek Squad does the repair. You have to make an appointment, I would advise give yourself some time as the schedule was busy. I fortunately combined another commitment with this 40 mile trip one way. I get there and I sign him into my phone to check it out and links it to his computer. Here is where it gets weird his computer said it's not eligible for replacement and it had 82% health score. He asked if I had issues with it, I said it went down rapidly one day with minimal use. He said yeah I see that here it had one failure. I said well replace it anyway and he said I can't, Apple won't approve it. I said I'm paying for it's not their problem, he said they won't allow it to connect till the battery 80% or less. I would have been really pissed if I had made a special trip. Apparently the other posters didn't have an issue replacing theirs but why would Best Buy turn business away. Is anything simple anymore.

My old I-phone went swimming when I was in Florida and I replaced it with the new I-phone 12pro. If pics are important to you the 12 pro is the way to go if your phone dies before the new ones come out. Good luck.

3 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

My old I-phone went swimming when I was in Florida and I replaced it with the new I-phone 12pro. If pics are important to you the 12 pro is the way to go if your phone dies before the new ones come out. Good luck.

I just got the same phone.

4 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

1 hour ago, MakoMike said:

I just got the same phone.

$1000 phones you must be those white privilege guys everybody hates. I contacted comcast and asked trade in value of my 1p6s was $5. I know the new ones have great camera's just can't put out that kind of money for a phone, that's like 10 trips to the rub and tug.

9 mins ago, squidder 329 said:

$1000 phones you must be those white privilege guys everybody hates. I contacted comcast and asked trade in value of my 1p6s was $5. I know the new ones have great camera's just can't put out that kind of money for a phone, that's like 10 trips to the rub and tug.

I owned my last phone for several years so I can justify spending that much now.