Wfmdfm1

Cover is off let the projects begin

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Nice weather for now and time to get some off season projects started

+ new head and holding tank

+ replace fuel sender on fuel tank

+ install a small additional bilge pump to suck the remaining water dry. The other pumps leave a small amount and it starts to smell after awhile.

+ high bilge alarm

There have been some good days for it. I am not ready to wash and clean yet. A few more weeks. Splash first week of May.

A little more toys added. It will get a full rewire , flush push button switches and flush mount with no screw with the black board this winter. Just rushing to test the boat before I  move things around. 

20210330_203636.jpg

20210330_203622.jpg

16171511177981374458392695269491.jpg

On 3/10/2021 at 6:27 AM, Wfmdfm1 said:

Nice weather for now and time to get some off season projects started

+ new head and holding tank

+ replace fuel sender on fuel tank

+ install a small additional bilge pump to suck the remaining water dry. The other pumps leave a small amount and it starts to smell after awhile.

+ high bilge alarm

I find the auto cycling pumps excellent for this, will suck water too shallow to trip a float.  

9 mins ago, Billybob said:

We put a trolling motor on the little mako

4C190F61-EEF5-470C-B7D8-50FA63E29446.jpeg

Bill, is that manual or do you somehow have it integrated into the electronics as a virtual anchor?

Yeah, it has the spot lock, which you can integrate to the electronics, or run it through an app on your phone. Should be great for togging and creating a drift for fluking when there's no current.

2 hours ago, makorider said:

I find the auto cycling pumps excellent for this, will suck water too shallow to trip a float.  

I have installed a diaphragm pump with a strainer.  It will be on a timemer to operate for about 2 min per day. Anything the 3 other pumps dont get this should suck almost dry. I hope to eliminate stale smells after sitting in the hot sun.

22 mins ago, Wfmdfm1 said:

I have installed a diaphragm pump with a strainer.  It will be on a timemer to operate for about 2 min per day. Anything the 3 other pumps dont get this should suck almost dry. I hope to eliminate stale smells after sitting in the hot sun.

never used one and not familiar with them.  The nice things about the pumps that cycle on intermittently and continue to run based on if there is current draw is that they are tiny - I have one right at the transom in the deepest part of the V.  Allows almost no water to accumulate.  How big is the diaphram pump?

It’s a Seaflo pump 1.2 gallons per min. It can run dry so that’s why I can run it on a timer daily. Still have to install the timer but pump,strainer and discharge is done.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:45 AM, Billybob said:

Yeah, it has the spot lock, which you can integrate to the electronics, or run it through an app on your phone. Should be great for togging and creating a drift for fluking when there's no current.

You are going to love that thing. I put the MotorGuide version on my boat a while back and it’s a game changer.